aberdeen-music

[CLUB] Radioskool - A'la Fu & Kidproquo @ Snafu

RadioSkool is back with top audiotainment from your tutors

A'La Fu and kidProquo

The musical science lab has new deliveries coming in all the time so look out for trickery and routines from these highly skilled teachers using Ableton Live with the M-Audio Trigger Finger, Foot peddle sampler and effect, plus Kaoss Pad 3 sampling and effects.

Expect nothing but the unexpected from a RadioSkool night. Music so diverse you'll jump and jive to jazz and hip-hop rhymes or blow your mind with a darksided electronic vibe.

Don't believe me, hear what our customers have to say:

I am a model and RadioSkool is the best thing ever! I used to fit into a size 16, but the jeans would be a bit tight, and now after 3 months of using RadioSkool and dieting, I fit into a size 12 loosely! I'm very happy and recommend this to everyone! Trust me, you will not be disappointed after trying this for yourself.

Debbie fae the 'Deen - Age 24

I have known about RadioSkool for years and would have never thought to go until I decided I needed something for my thighs now that I'm headed for my 30's. It is the best club night for getting my body in shape!! Forget the health club; my thighs have never been through such a workout. go now before it's too late!!

John fae Cults - Age 28

WOW!

Look out for this months RadioSkool promotional vid. Coming to Myspace, e-mails and all local forums.

ClubSnafu

Friday 29th June

10pm - 3am

3 b4 11:30pm 5 after

www.clubsnafu.com

www.myspace.com/djkidProquo

Good'een

kPq

RadioSkoolGenerice_flyersmall.jpg

Tonight!!

Weekend bumpin'.

After the overwhelming success of Pondlife last Saturday (thank you master torrance).

It's time for RadioSkool at Snafu tonight.

Hope to see a another jumping crowd this weekend. Thought that was the last of Kef's floor lastime.

Anyway, good'een whatever you're doing. Keep music alive in the A'deen

kPq

Weekend bumpin'.

After the overwhelming success of Pondlife last Saturday (thank you master torrance).

It's time for RadioSkool at Snafu tonight.

Hope to see a another jumping crowd this weekend. Thought that was the last of Kef's floor lastime.

Anyway, good'een whatever you're doing. Keep music alive in the A'deen

kPq

Again, gutted I'm away!!! Ah well. Ever need a funk/rap type band to play, give me a shout.

I've had a go on one, but never sat and figured out it's black magic.

I've been using an M-audio midi keyboard, trigger finger and a Korg padKontrol with Abelton Live instead. It's still a brain bashing experience, but a lot easier to use than most DJ/Production tools.

Are you trying to use one or thinking of getting one?.

kPq

I'm thinking about getting one. I've been watching a load of stuff on you tube and they look right up my street. I was thinking of buying a new synth until I stumbled upon a similar type of machine on the Roland website. I know lap top and control keyboard is probably just as good and more flexible but there is something I find comforting in having hardware. I like a solid piece of kit that you don't have to worry about at a gig, quick start up time to if it needs to reboot. Plus it looks cool ;)

I've seen you do some of that stuff with the Korg and keys before I think. I do like the look of the kaoss pad, is it the latest edition you use, looks like something out of battle star galactica.

Colin

Yeah that's it, the third edition, feels like you could control a stealth fighter with it... So much fun.

Reckon your best bet is to go with the MPC1000. As you say, it's robust and easy to take places. It can't be beat as an easy to use production/live unit. Incredible sound too.

Ebay should have some good prices. It's hard to find a second hand one 'cause nobody wants to give them up.

There's a smaller version out now too. The MPC500. It is short of a few buttons, but still this business.

Think it's about 380 new.

Got a couple of routine's with Abelton and the kaoss pad tonight. As long as there's not too much cider, Hendricks gin and jager bashing it should sound good.

Definitely have to catch you in July. Are the dates with the same band or different one's?.

kPq

Same band. It's really work in progress, not got much time before our MC leaves to go back to France so trying to get as many gigs in as possibe. We do a lot of freestyle song writing - not really sure how well this works but seems to get everyone up dancing so does what it's meant too!

Going to continue working with local MC's if I get the chance, try out different styles and techniques - just a newbie when it comes to hip hop and rap (done plent of funk and soul though). Going to be putting on a big show in Novemeber if all goes according to plan, will be a meshing together of visual art, music and hopefully dance. If you like the stuff we are doing, might be cool to get involved in it if you have time.

I'll check out MPC1000 when I get a chance... know anyone who has one, might be willing to give me a live demo?

Colin

Mellow, mellow. I'd be afee keen on getting involved, sounds like a quality idea.

Aberdeen needs more of that going on.

Organised some interesting thing's in the past. We never put it in the book, but Mr. Samat and myself hold the record for the highest altitude rock concert/festival in Britain, after bringing Bodies and Element 106 to the Lecht for a snowboard music jam.

Got plenty of keen and willing MC's in the address book for you too. Probably the best fitting for a more upbeat funky side of thing's would be Kuda. I'll PM his myspace address (can't think of it just now).

And Mr. A'La Fu can easily show you a demo of the MPC. He's pretty much just finished his new album using nothing but the 1000 and Logic.

Nice one on manny Colin, always good to find others making the effort to put on something interesting and different for people. I'll send you details for contacts when I home.

Good 'een

Chris