aberdeen-music

Anyone selling a (good) amp?

RF Scott

Exactly, who said you were trying to be funny? I was obviously referring to the post that you were lol'ing all over the place to.

I had a little giggle to myself about the guy wanting Dusty banned because of a civil conversation regarding amps. You need to lighten up.

1) Nobody said I was trying to be funny

2) Actually...what is your point?

3) Do I really concern you that much?

4) What a strange reaction to a comment that has nothing to do with you. Are you autistic or something?

Ah wait a second, I get it. You didn't like my use of "lol". Like Im cracking a joke and then laughing at it. Hoho, Im so funny everyone! When really the lol was directed at the guy wanting Dusty banned for no reason.:ding::rolleyes:

I had a little giggle to myself about the guy wanting Dusty banned because of a civil conversation regarding amps. You need to lighten up.

4) What a strange reaction to a comment that has nothing to do with you. Are you autistic or something?

Ah wait a second, I get it. You didn't like my use of "lol". Like Im cracking a joke and then laughing at it. Hoho, Im so funny everyone! When really the lol was directed at the guy wanting Dusty banned for no reason.:ding::rolleyes:

I'm a pretty happy guy actually, you don't seem to understand sentences I posted earlier, which is pretty funny, because 2) refers to yourself. Nobody said you were trying to be funny, you're right, and if you reread what I typed you'll see that I'm included in the 'Nobody' group (I am not calling myself a nobody, I'm not into putting myself down!). As for your "Do I really concern you that much?" you may as well apply that question to every single person who replies to a post made, unless we limit threads in the future to robotic Q + A. It's not really a strange reaction to a comment (in a thread that I started nonetheless), I was genuinely surprised at how you could find such a mundane thing so funny, people's humour, or lack of, is something which interests me in general. Don't find your throwing about of autism that funny either, it's pretty rude and condescending. Oh, and "civil conversation" doesn't normally involve one party accusing the other of being a liar, etc.

Ah wait a second, you still don't get it! I don't care if you use "lol" to mean you're laughing, or "oaa[gv-3nv-bwnb-9w3n=-g2j" I'll dumb down my somewhat simple post to "You really find that funny, seriously?" See, I was actually quoting the phrase you used to describe your reaction! :ding::rolleyes:

I'm a pretty happy guy actually, you don't seem to understand sentences I posted earlier, which is pretty funny, because 2) refers to yourself. Nobody said you were trying to be funny, you're right, and if you reread what I typed you'll see that I'm included in the 'Nobody' group (I am not calling myself a nobody, I'm not into putting myself down!). As for your "Do I really concern you that much?" you may as well apply that question to every single person who replies to a post made, unless we limit threads in the future to robotic Q + A. It's not really a strange reaction to a comment (in a thread that I started nonetheless), I was genuinely surprised at how you could find such a mundane thing so funny, people's humour, or lack of, is something which interests me in general. Don't find your throwing about of autism that funny either, it's pretty rude and condescending. Oh, and "civil conversation" doesn't normally involve one party accusing the other of being a liar, etc.

Ah wait a second, you still don't get it! I don't care if you use "lol" to mean you're laughing, or "oaa[gv-3nv-bwnb-9w3n=-g2j" I'll dumb down my somewhat simple post to "You really find that funny, seriously?" See, I was actually quoting the phrase you used to describe your reaction! :ding::rolleyes:

Ahh, thank you for dumbing down your post.

"You really find that funny"

Yes, slightly.

Does that give you a twitch that I find something slightly amusing that you don't? Move over Freud, RF Scott is here.

Condescending? Me? I actually respect you for being the world record holder for the longest paragraph.

I do infact. The diversity available within the given specs of 50/100 watt valve amp is rather astounding. You can get vastly different tones from ENGL and Diezel 100 watt heads, both being rather high in the gain side of things.

Cornford however, do some crystal clear amps that don't break up in the same manner as the aforementioned German gain monsters.

In other words:

RF Scott - Do you have any clues as to what you're asking about and the fact that it's not as general as you make it out to be in your post you highlighted?

:popcorn:

Ahh, thank you for dumbing down your post.

"You really find that funny"

Yes, slightly.

Does that give a twitch that I find something slightly amusing that you don't? Move over Freud, RF Scott is here.

Condiscending? Me? I actually respect you for being the world record holder for the longest paragraph.

Like I said, the difference in people's humour is something that interests me, it doesn't make me have a spasm or whatever disability related joke you want to infer.

Whilst we (you) are bringing up Freud, you seem to have a problem with long paragraphs and whatnot - did a librarian beat you up as a kid or something?

Anyway, can this thread maybe be locked or whatever? It's getting pretty ridiculous. PM me if you have an amp, don't if you don't...

Like I said, the difference in people's humour is something that interests me, it doesn't make me have a spasm or whatever disability related joke you want to infer.

Whilst we (you) are bringing up Freud, you seem to have a problem with long paragraphs and whatnot - did a librarian beat you up as a kid or something?

Anyway, can this thread maybe be locked or whatever? It's getting pretty ridiculous. PM me if you have an amp, don't if you don't...

Twitch doesn't refer to disabilty.

I didn't joke about Autism.

I have slight Dislyexia (probably ironically spelt wrongly)

I do infact. The diversity available within the given specs of 50/100 watt valve amp is rather astounding. You can get vastly different tones from ENGL and Diezel 100 watt heads, both being rather high in the gain side of things.

Cornford however, do some crystal clear amps that don't break up in the same manner as the aforementioned German gain monsters.

In other words:

RF Scott - Do you have any clues as to what you're asking about and the fact that it's not as general as you make it out to be in your post you highlighted?

:popcorn:

Ok I want a mega 1,000 triple super duper ltd. edition amp!

No, I'm interested in what's out there, not after a specific type, having not personally owned a guitar amp before I'm willing to try numerous avenues, didn't think it'd be neccessary to quote a serial no. or whatever. And it's working for me so far thanks, with mentions of line 6, marshall, peavey etc.

why did this thread have to turn into a gearhead battle? it's disgusting to be honest. it was a fairly simple question that didn't need 5 pages of crap verging on bullying and guitar geeks waving their cocks around tugging off while muttering about tone and their 'solid state'.

Jeez

Did I say Autism is bad? Fuck it, forget it. Sorry for not being PC towards you. Sorry if I offended you. But fuck you if you think I have a problem with disabled people. Anyone who knows me knows that I would never actively take the piss out of the disabled.

I could go on and on but really, I dont think I can bare reading another one of your mumbling paragraphs.

didn't think it'd be neccessary to quote a serial no. or whatever. And it's working for me so far thanks, with mentions of line 6, marshall, peavey etc.

OK fair enough - I thought it would maybe help to see if there were any tonal aspects you wanted? I mean, Marshalls, Line 6's and Peaveys tend to sound nothing alike.

Had you given any indications, I could maybe have helped from there but if you want to be an arse about it then I won't bother.

OK fair enough - I thought it would maybe help to see if there were any tonal aspects you wanted? I mean, Marshalls, Line 6's and Peaveys tend to sound nothing alike.

Had you given any indications, I could maybe have helped from there but if you want to be an arse about it then I won't bother.

To be fair, I didn't really get the impression you'd be offering any help given that the start of your post was a laughing face!

Again, Like I've said, all I really know at this point is that from amps I've heard/played in the past, I prefer the sound of valve amps, however, I'm pretty open as to tonal aspects given that I'll be using it for different things. I'm not actually considering buying or trying a line 6 amp, it was just an example of what was mentioned! As it stands so far, i'm probably leaning to more of a fender esque sound, though again I'm pretty open.

Guest DustyDeviada
I had a little giggle to myself about the guy wanting Dusty banned because of a civil conversation regarding amps.

When really the lol was directed at the guy wanting Dusty banned for no reason.:ding::rolleyes:

Hog, I think freddiesoffspring actually wanted Domino banned, rather than me. Not sure if that makes it more or less lol-worthy.

Don't worry about getting confused, I know you're dyslexic. ;)

Guest DustyDeviada
i think aberdeen-music.com needs a toneKING. like back in the days on ugs when toneKING would supply useful information to musicians on the board regarding guitars, drums, amplifiers, pedal electronics, room acoustics, vacuum tubes and tone.

toneKING was great.

Tone King do make ace amps. RF Scott could do a lot worse.

imperial650x543.jpg

What kind of music are you wanting to play i think is what people are trying to get at when asking to be more specific.

And i think 100w solidstate would be more than enough for any gig

And 50w tube or over would also be well enough as tubes tend to be louder.

If you are doing metal. The only laney id reccomend would be the gh50L the toni iommi model tends to have reliability issues i heard.

That peavey classic earlier posted wouldnt be much use for metal. but IMO has awesome cleans.

I dont know much about how good different amps for different music (except for metal :D) but the classic 50 i know is good for blues/ rock etc... :)

Why do some people feel they need to number their points. I can be quite annoying, because, and here are some reasons.

1) I can imagine them sitting at the PC going '1' in a loud voice in their heads

2) I can imagine them sitting at the PC going counting off the points on their fingers

3) It takes up more room on the thread.

4) I can see no reason for it.

5) It reminds of my work:down:

Why do some people feel they need to number their points. I can be quite annoying, because, and here are some reasons.

1) I can imagine them sitting at the PC going '1' in a loud voice in their heads

2) I can imagine them sitting at the PC going counting off the points on their fingers

3) It takes up more room on the thread.

4) I can see no reason for it.

5) It reminds of my work:down:

1) Does it matter?

2) Didn't use my fingers

3) Im sure the Aberdeen-music bandwidth can handle it, considering my post takes up less space than Dusty's signature.

4) Awesome

5) That is a bummer

So,

1) We don't like smilies if someone else finds a comment slightly amusing

2) Numbering points is a bad thing

3) By using the word "Autism" I now discriminate against the disabled...how ironic

4) Any other points? Perhaps the overuse of capital letters to convey a point? A misplaced comma?

Go back and talk about amps.

Okay,

1) What type of music will the amp be used for?

2) Does it need to have switchable channels, if so how many?

3) What speaker set up - 1x12, 2x12 etc?

As I said, I might be selling my 70's Marshall Artiste Combo c/w

1) 4 inputs (High/Low)

2) Non switchable channels

3) Reverb

4) 2x12 set up

5) Casters (yes...casters which are removable)

6) Does clean very well, needs pedals for dirt.