aberdeen-music

Anyone selling a (good) amp?

RF Scott

As the title suggests, I'm considering buying a guitar amplifier. Is anyone selling or considering selling or aware of someone or something that is selling one of thees guitar amplifiers that you can get from shops and stuff? Let me know.

What kind of amp?

Valve? Solid State?

Combo? Head & Cabinet?

Wattage?

Thanks but no thanks, not in the market for a line 6 amp.

I'd be looking for a valve amp, whether it is a combo or head/cab doesn't matter too much, though I wouldn't be too keen on buying a large cab. Wattage again is pretty flexible, though somewhere in the region of 50-100 would probably be most suitable.

Thanks but no thanks, not in the market for a line 6 amp.

I'd be looking for a valve amp, whether it is a combo or head/cab doesn't matter too much, though I wouldn't be too keen on buying a large cab. Wattage again is pretty flexible, though somewhere in the region of 50-100 would probably be most suitable.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/39984-sale-marshall-dsl-401-free-1x12.html

Guest DustyDeviada
you can get a good guitar tone only through a valve amp :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing your massive wealth of experience with us all, that's very useful.

Out of interest, approx. how many gigs would you say you have played with solid state amps and how many with valve amps before you reached this conclusion? And it would also be useful to get an idea of some of the amps you used in these live situations before you came to this conclusion and were able to come on here and state your case with such a degree of certainty.

• Upvote 1

Guest DustyDeviada
use your ears and hear the differences, shame if you can't even though you gigged a lot

Why would I need to when I have a tone guru like you to let me know the secrets of good tone?

But OK then, please let us know which solid state and valve amps you used in a non-live situation to reach this conclusion.

Ta.

Haven't played any gigs (and I don't see what you're trying to get with that) , use your ears and hear the differences, shame if you can't even though you gigged a lot

Use your ears and dial in a good tone with a solid state amp.

Then - and only then it would seem - you will realise why your initial post is so frighteningly farsical.

Why would I need to when I have a tone guru like you to let me know the secrets of good tone?

But OK then, please let us know which solid state and valve amps you used in a non-live situation to reach this conclusion.

Ta.

kustom darts; ibanez; laney dcm's, lx's,line backer; line 6 spider; marshall mg and avt's;fender fm

marshall jcm2000, fender blues junior, few fender deluxe models, laney lc15 vc15 and vc30, gh100

that was enough for me to make up my mind, cant think of any more that ive tried

'dial a good tone' , you'll get a better one with valve amp :)

I do prefer the sound of a valve amp - hence why I've owned 3 in the last year. However, that is besides the point. You must lack the ability to dial in a good tone on amps if you can't find a solid state to get a good tone from. I do believe you said you can't get a good tone from one.

Our survey says:

feud2.jpg

Ehhh uhhh.

:up:

Guest DustyDeviada

But hang on, didn't you just post earlier

you can get a good guitar tone only through a valve amp :-)

So you lied to us. You initially told us that you can only get a good tone through a valve amp. Now you admit that you can get a good tone through solid state, but a better tone through a valve amp.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took your initial post as fact and went out and bought 43 different valve amps as a consequence.

You can imagine my disappointment at discovering that your initial post was full of lies and deceit.

Somebody writing something on an internet forum that's not true. :moody: I don't know what the world's coming to.