aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Peterhead Murder

I fear this may be a touch insensitive, but I can't get over the fact that this girl actually won a "beauty" competition if the photo in that article is anything to go by.

It was the Buchan Queen contest, and the girl who's died was one of the 2 princesses. The girl just out of shot, who's hair is slightly in the photo, was the queen - my little sister.

I fear this may be a touch insensitive, but I can't get over the fact that this girl actually won a "beauty" competition if the photo in that article is anything to go by.

I have to confess that I thought the same thing. I actually also thought the whoever owned the hair to the right (now revealed to be Jamesy's little sister) had much nicer looking hair.

On Reporting Scotland it was said that she was very well known in the Peterhead area.

I bet she was, I bet she was!

It just reminded me of Robin Galloway's Hector Brocklebank radio wind up when he tried to arrange Hello to do a feature on his daughter's wedding.

There was a murder in my building back in February and it didn't get the same coverage as this.

Guest DustyDeviada

I still would.

Not now, obviously.

Guest bluesxman

Anyone else think the bloke looks a bit like Bill Bailey with a skinhead?

Nope. Torry. It was a brutal one too.

Ouch. Care to share any detail?

I make many a fond trip to Torry in my lunch hours - there's a bakers that makes immense sandwiches on Victoria Road. I'm really just being nosey.

Ouch. Care to share any detail?

I make many a fond trip to Torry in my lunch hours - there's a bakers that makes immense sandwiches on Victoria Road. I'm really just being nosey.

I knew the victim of that murder since I was a kid, and his parents are friends of my family, it was a pretty horrible thing altogether.

I knew the victim of that murder since I was a kid, and his parents are friends of my family, it was a pretty horrible thing altogether.

It really was. The victim was a nice bloke, he pretty much kept himself to himself. I got quite a shock coming home from work to discover an incident van outside the flat and a hefty police presence inside the building.

Getting questioned by CID wasn't a pleasant experince either, but it did put a nosey journalist off the scent trying to get interviews from the rest of the tenants.

Guest DustyDeviada

There was a murder in my building back in February and it didn't get the same coverage as this.

They're just trying to lull you into a false sense of security, hoping you think the case has gone cold and make the mistake they need to convict you.

They're just trying to lull you into a false sense of security, hoping you think the case has gone cold and make the mistake they need to convict you.

Ooooh! I have the perfect allibi for the day in question. I was round at a mate's house and he was round at mine.

Seriously though, the killer was arrested on scene on the verge of bludgeoning the corpse even more with a bottle of spirits.

Ooooh! I have the perfect allibi for the day in question. I was round at a mate's house and he was round at mine.

Seriously though, the killer was arrested on scene on the verge of bludgeoning the corpse even more with a bottle of spirits.

Such details are of little consequence if Donald Findlay defends him.

He'll blame it on the catholics.

Guest DustyDeviada

That's what you would like us to believe, isn't it?

That's what you would like us to believe, isn't it?

Dammit! I better phone Dead Neighbour Storage until the heat dies down...

Anyone care to look after my eyeball collection for the foreseeable future?