aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Tascam DP-01 fx

hey.

i bought a tascam Dp-01fx multi track couple of months ago and i still cant figure out how to make the tracks small enough for myspace purposes. when i do get it on the computer its a 45mb wav track so i converted them to mp3 which made them like 10 mb but still too big.

anyone got any idea how to shrink the track on the actual machine or computer(with out the quality going down)

cheers

lower the bitrate of the mp3's, if they are coming out at around 10mb I'd assume you're encoding at 320kbps, which is definately overkill for myspace...try 128kpbs stereo, or 64kbps mono.

lower the bitrate of the mp3's, if they are coming out at around 10mb I'd assume you're encoding at 320kbps, which is definately overkill for myspace...try 128kpbs stereo, or 64kbps mono.

yeh not wanting to sound like a nib but how do you do that??

yeh not wanting to sound like a nib but how do you do that??

which software are you using to convert them? it should give you options of bitrate/stereo/mono

which software are you using to convert them? it should give you options of bitrate/stereo/mono

i`m using a programme call "Softdiv MP3 to WAV Converter" i thnk av got it working now thanks alot for your help.

and stuart at least one song will be up on my myspace tonight

cheers