aberdeen-music

Anyone like Wolfmother?

Neil

I'm just back from two weeks in the sun. How i've missed all this.....

It's entry level music for people who don't know better.

That's an aresy comment. Why should I "know better"? Do you know better? From looking at your list of bands on your Myspace you like I would hardly say they are all "cutting edge" and would consider many of them uninteresting. Certainly wouldn't have a go at you for liking them though, as what's uninteresting to you and me are completely different.

Fine if you like the songs on their own merit, but please, don't imagine for one second they're in anyway original, interesting or creative.

Oh, and of course you've actually checked this with the band themselves. They think the music they make is original and creative themselves? And it is "interesting" to folk like me who enjoy their music. I don't think it's even in the slightest bit original, but it still rocks and they have some great songs. What, the fuck, is wrong with that? They are a pastiche of 70's rock and I'm sure they are fully aware of this and know they are not breaking any new ground whatsoever. They are, however, hugely enjoyable live and the album is a great blast of rock.

This reminds me of the "everything invloving guitars, drums, bass and voice is a copy of the blues / skiffle bands / Beatles / Dylan / whatever" debate. Just beacuse it's unoriginal doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable.

Old rockers like Easy Dave have seen all the original rock bands and loves seeing the new ones because they "remind him" of such and such. He doesn't sit there and moan about how they're unoriginal and "entry level."

If you think a group or artist is shite, just say they are shite outright. Don't try and degrade the intellectual merits of those who enjoy them. We're not all morons who think Wolfmother are bringing a new sound to the table and it's generally accepted that they are generally are a rip - off of other bands. They are just a power trio from Australia who make some rockin' tunes and are great live. Simple as that.

So please, don't imagine for one second everyone thinks they are original!

• Upvote 1