aberdeen-music

Anyone like Wolfmother?

Neil

8-)

I will be the lone voice of disent then and say they are pretty good. I also like The Answer, Black Stone Cherry, Roadstar, Tokyo Dragons and Kingdom Come who are all pretty derivative. All fit nicely on my ipod beside Slayer, Heathen, Finntroll, Turisas, Sabbat, Exodus and Laaz Rockit. Roll on Sunday for Hyde Park! :gringo:

8-)

I will be the lone voice of disent then and say they are pretty good. I also like The Answer, Black Stone Cherry, Roadstar, Tokyo Dragons and Kingdom Come who are all pretty derivative. All fit nicely on my ipod beside Slayer, Heathen, Finntroll, Turisas, Sabbat, Exodus and Laaz Rockit. Roll on Sunday for Hyde Park! :gringo:

A man of immense taste!

Can't wait for the 13 hour bus journey to London on Saturday myself

8-)

I like the Darkness as well so not sure what that says about me! :popcorn:

There are some highly unoriginal bands out there but as long as they do it well, have energy, write good (or at least tuneful) ditties and enjoy what they are doing then I have no problem with that at all. No qualms about liking Wolfmother, Kingdom Come, The Answer etc as they are just freshing up a great era of music. Doesn't mean I like Led Zep of Sabbath any less or even compare them.

Original is good but competent rehash can also be fun.

I bought the wolfmother lp, on the strength of their special 10 appearence...and I can't listen to it all the way through, his voice just grates...

I liked the "pastiche" they did of 70's rock....but only for a short while...

I don't think you'll see a lot of people here slagging of sleep because they rip off sabbath?

Guest bluesxman

Not fussed on Wolfmother but bit strange having a dig at someone doing Sabbath-styled rock music when your old band covered War Pigs....but Patton is of course far too highbrow for that now. Tomahawk are good though. I've only got the Fantomas 'Directors Cut' album, their version of The Godfather theme is rather good.

Not fussed on Wolfmother but bit strange having a dig at someone doing Sabbath-styled rock music when your old band covered War Pigs....but Patton is of course far too highbrow for that now.

I believe his point would be that at least his band actually credited the source, i.e. it was an acknowledged cover, and not a clone passed off as their own work.