aberdeen-music

Mighty Boosh Series 3

jackson

Series 3 Update.

Strap In, Its time for Series 3.

Julian and Noel have finished writing Series 3 and have enlisted the help of Richard Ayoade (long term collaborator and one time Dixon Bainbridge) as a script editor. The next few weeks should see them embark on pre-production of the next incarnation of The Mighty Boosh. With a scheduled July start and Paul King back in the directors hammock, filming will take place in a studio somewhere outside London. The series should hit the screens in the Autumn.

Julian has given us a quick idea of what to expect:

series three is set in naboo's second hand shop. where he sells under the counter shaman supplies to the local shaman of dalston. howard and vince work there. and get to sell their own stuff. howard sells rare pressings of early charlie mingus records. vince sells luminous drainpipes and see through hats. during the series they get visits from a evil cockney gangster who controls the local eel community, the crack fox , a junky fox who lives in the alley at the back of the shop. and even get shrunk down and injected into the body of a dying punk.

Autumn will also see the first TV broadcast of last years award winning tour of the U.K. If you missed The Mighty Boosh Live you can catch the sell-out Brixton Academy show from the comfort of your living room on BBC3.

Sorry no linkage because i got if off another forum!

Cant wait!

Wonder if BB3 will show the whole thing, its a few hours long. About the dvd, first time i watched it. About midway they cut to vincents backstage room and theres a huge party, then cut to howards and well you probably know.

I cant seem to find it on the dvd anymore, wtf?

• 4 months later...
Yes, because I definately know you're an idiot now. Wasn't sure before.

Oh seriously man. Because I find black books amusing and mighty boosh utter shite then i'm an idiot?

Black Books is brilliantly spontaneous and insane in the proper way, where as mighty boosh is a collection of intensely retarded phrases and songs that are aimed at prats who'll laugh at anything. I.E. You you prick.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Oh seriously man. Because I find black books amusing and mighty boosh utter shite then i'm an idiot?

Black Books is brilliantly spontaneous and insane in the proper way, where as mighty boosh is a collection of intensely retarded phrases and songs that are aimed at prats who'll laugh at anything. I.E. You you prick.

The second and third series of Black Books were a bit poor, to be honest. They had their moments, but it couldn't hold a candle to the first series.

I think it was the magic touch of Graham Linehan that did it for me. The first series was like "Waiting for Godot" at times! "Nothing happens, nobody comes, nobody goes."

That was from the original revview of "Waiting for Godot", by the way, not Black Books.

Second episode wasn't up to much, sadly. I don't like the look of this series as much. I think it's down to the way it's filmed. The camera is in about the action more than them just moving around the set. Or something. I dunno, it just looks a bit too polished now. Hopefully the series will pick up but they've got a lot to live up to.

I still think Naboo is the best thing in the show, completely deadpan all the time.

Actual funny (and not just RANDUM) moments were something that the previous two seasons totally lacked, there's been even less in season three so far. I Get the feeling that they didn't put much effort in to it because they thought that anything they did would be praised as much as the first two seasons. Also, as mentioned above, their massive budget has totally ruined the feel of the show.