"Ony Stone Roses?"

No

"Kasabian"

No

"The Twang"

Nononono

"You've got to have the Enemeee?"

You're in the wrong club, mate.

i'd be delighted if Stone Roses or Kasabian were played in Exodus, and i'm sure they'd fill the dancefloor far more than most songs do.

and i thought exodus was the Official Club of the "Out-Of-Touch"? I think its you thats became more out-of-touch with the Exodus clientelle if you think its a club for the in-touch.

Nah, they wouldn't. They'd get a bunch of lairy blokes on the dancefloor, who would then insist on yet more Madchester pish until everyone who knows that indie music has progressed from that rather pathetic and overrated touchstone in the last twenty years has left.

As for Exodus being the official club of the "out of touch", that's hilarious. If being "in touch" means dodging flying glasses hurled by coked up casuals or gently stroking one's beard to the strains of yet another London scene band at a sparsely attended NME approved clubnight, as is the case in other so called "alternative" venues in town, I can do without it. We're doing very nicely without having to revert to either extreme, thanks.

Besides, if I'm out of touch with the out of touch, what does that make me?

i just think its quite lofty of you to assume that anyone asking for Stone Roses/Kasabian/The Twang/The Enemy is 'out of touch' (with that sorta thing being suited to a very sizable minority of exodus' customers). i'd be quite offended if i had the audacity to request a song by one of my favourite bands only to be sniggered at behind my back by the DJ and his poncy sidekick like some scene out of High Fidelty.

and i didnt say you were out of touch with the out of touch, i said you were out of touch with those you thought were out of touch, but in fact, could be in touch. :dunce: something like that anyway.

i wouldnt particular want exodus to change, its still my favourite club in aberdeen despite the bashing it seems to take on here and everywhere else. but to say its an "in touch" club is equally hilarious. i wouldn't neccassarily think of that as in insult as i can think of nothing worse than a club full of people at the cutting edge, drinking g+ts and loving the smell of their own farts. but exodus has more than its fair share of posers and idiots, and i'm not just meaning those into "working class" indie.

as for me? i take great delight in being out of touch, and as long as you continue to play Good Vibrations, and Dylan on the odd ocassion im more than satisfied.

Safe, jees, toughen up lady!!, we are entitled to have a good time too, ohh wait a minute were not worthy

You should only be entitled to enjoy live music they way you want as far as it does not infringe upon the safety of other people who have paid to be there. Enjoying live music doesn't necessitate pushing people, or clumsily elbowing them or throwing beer over them.

• 10 months later...