The Enemy @ The Music Hall

Sam the Eagle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

er...really? i could have sworn they were dull, ugly, coma inducing typische indie pap, a carbon copy of the thousands of 'working-class indie rock' bullshit artists that already saturate the airwaves...etc. exactly what does this music bring to anybody? major labels will sign up any dull rock band at the moment peddled by 'rough' looking guys. wow, a tracksuit, how edgy. the fact of the matter is, most of these shit bands would be ignored about 5 years ago, when nobody cared about dull, badly played rock music by teenagers on 'council estates' and the like. have you seen their video? wow, working class, innit. how exciting for a middle class lad like me. life must be so tough for them suburbanites, i've gotta buy that record.

I guess I am now wrong about them not being big enough to fill the music hall. The lead singer is such an idiot. He claims that working class people make the best music because more people can relate to it, being working class an all, despite the fact that more people are middle class than working class these days. He also seemed to suggest in an interview that all middle class people live in castles.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
That would be this interview, yes?

Ouch. What an absolute moron. Then again, as an 18 year old who has spent the last year + of his life on the road with a rock band, he's a pretty solid spokesman for the 'working man', right?

Whats the crowd got to do with it?

how many pint-swaggering-beer-bellied-monstrosities stumble into you on the way to the bar/exit/stage/toilet. slurring inane comments/profanities your way about your haircut as you dodge past them.

Guest bluesxman

A-B-E-R-DEEN, A-B-E-R-DEEN, A-B-E-R-DEEN, repeat ad nauseum in monosyllabic grunting style as is also applicable to the chorus of that horrible Fratellis song.