aberdeen-music

Vince McMahon Dead

Johnny Mac

Apparently.....

WWE: Homepage

I don't follow wrestling, but is this for real?

"Many WWE staffers are still suffering from the trauma of seeing their corporate leader’s limousine explode on live television just after Mr. McMahon entered it.

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. You just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Though federal officials at the scene have not recovered his body from the charred chassis of the limo, investigators believe that Mr. McMahon’s body could possibly have been incinerated in the blast."

Like something out of a 'B'movie o_O

ive never watched wrestling but is it not a bit bad taste plots like this when one (if not several) of its stars have really died from doing some shit stunts?

mind you, wrestling and bad taste go pretty much hand in hand.

Owen Hart is the only wrestler to have died performing a "stunt" in WWE. Personally I thought the whole thing was really well done. The footage of Vinnie Mac getting into the limo and then it blowing up was seemless. It's hilarious how many people think he's actually dead though. Although WWE are certainly making it look as real as possible (flying flags at half mast at Titan Towers etc...). Good work all round.

As for wrestling and bad taste going hand in hand well, there's certainly been some questionable moments in the past (taking the piss out of JR's colon surgery, the necrophilia angle) but I don't see the limo blowing up as bad taste. Just a good storyline. I was far more offended by My Chemical Romance on Jonathan Ross than I am about Vince being "dead".

Owen Hart is the only wrestler to have died performing a "stunt" in WWE. Personally I thought the whole thing was really well done. The footage of Vinnie Mac getting into the limo and then it blowing up was seemless. It's hilarious how many people think he's actually dead though. Although WWE are certainly making it look as real as possible (flying flags at half mast at Titan Towers etc...). Good work all round.

As for wrestling and bad taste going hand in hand well, there's certainly been some questionable moments in the past (taking the piss out of JR's colon surgery, the necrophilia angle) but I don't see the limo blowing up as bad taste. Just a good storyline. I was far more offended by My Chemical Romance on Jonathan Ross than I am about Vince being "dead".

YouTube - Vince McMahon Presumed Dead!

You have to be kidding! I'm sorry but watch the footage again. As someone on youtube states at a certain point in the video there are 2 wwe vans in the background and just before the explosion there is 1. Also there's a huge puddle of petrol on the floor, which he'd notice, he takes utter yonks to actually close the door and if it were true...surely the cameramen would be shitting a brick and screaming for help.

Now i'm sorry but in my opinion that is just bad taste.

I would imagine it to be actors, wouldn't it? I highly doubt they'd fuck about with the police on a hoax.

Yeah, the police aren't involved. Although apparently some radio stations in the U.S did contact the FBI and ask if they were going to launch an official investigation. Which made me laugh.

The explosion might not have been COMPLETELY seemless but hey, I like to suspend my disbelief when I'm watching wrestling. Otherwise it wouldn't be that much fun to watch.

Yeah, the police aren't involved. Although apparently some radio stations in the U.S did contact the FBI and ask if they were going to launch an official investigation. Which made me laugh.

The explosion might not have been COMPLETELY seemless but hey, I like to suspend my disbelief when I'm watching wrestling. Otherwise it wouldn't be that much fun to watch.

I suppose you need a certain amount of not so much gullableness (if that's even a word) but a suspension of reality to appreciate it. I'm not bashing that you enjoy it. Just find it a bitty far fetched!

I suppose you need a certain amount of not so much gullableness (if that's even a word) but a suspension of reality to appreciate it. I'm not bashing that you enjoy it. Just find it a bitty far fetched!

That's why this storyline's so good! Vince McMahon being blown up in a limo on live TV? Entertainment gold, far fetched or not!

As far as surprises go, it was a nice change for WWE.

Recent times have been dull at WWE. There's been no real major storyline or anything recently. They tried the millionaire vs millionaire thing at Wrestlemania, it was a snore fest even with Austin involved. They had the whole Vince as champ thing. Dull. They had Shawn Michaels and Cena, but anything involving Cena is gonna be bad. Bottom line, sitting watching the show I was thinking "Oh, someone's gonna be waiting in the limo to beat him up." or something along those old clich lines, but then the limo explodes. Tasteless or not, try and tell me the figures for next weeks Raw won't be HUGE. Love him or hate him, Vince is no less than a genius.

Anyways, that's enough about WWE, lets all go watch some TNA :D

As far as surprises go, it was a nice change for WWE.

Recent times have been dull at WWE. There's been no real major storyline or anything recently. They tried the millionaire vs millionaire thing at Wrestlemania, it was a snore fest even with Austin involved. They had the whole Vince as champ thing. Dull. They had Shawn Michaels and Cena, but anything involving Cena is gonna be bad. Bottom line, sitting watching the show I was thinking "Oh, someone's gonna be waiting in the limo to beat him up." or something along those old clich lines, but then the limo explodes. Tasteless or not, try and tell me the figures for next weeks Raw won't be HUGE. Love him or hate him, Vince is no less than a genius.

Anyways, that's enough about WWE, lets all go watch some TNA :D

Agreed! And yes, let's watch some TNA...