aberdeen-music

Gas

Could you delete your signature picture ' date=' the one with ''pretty good'' , its huge, and takes up quite space, especially when there is only few words in the post...

[/quote']

Yeah there are some annoying signatures around now.

go to options, open up your control panel and turn off "view signatures". ;)

Guest DustyDeviada
Yeah make sure you try and find one that's actually funny or makes sense this time.

I can assure the current one is funny and makes sense, if you have the good sense and taste to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, which you obviously do not.

Never mind, ignorance is bliss, eh?

A fascination with something like guitars surely transgresses anything to do music and becomes mere aesthetics - guitars all fundamentally perform the same function. Similarly, I can only imagine surrounding yourself with a thousand synths, effects, samplers, drum machines and Kaoss Pads invokes a limitation of another sort.

Fags, bad nights out, ugly girls and sporadic psychotic episodes invariably produce the inspiration for my music, not a piece of hardware. As said earlier, the instrument is just a tool to provide a particular representation of what's in yer 'ead, so if there's nothing knocking about upstairs in the first place..

I half disagree with that - a musician makes his choices based on the options his instrument offers together with his ability to exploit them (much like everything else). The sound of an instrument can influence the structure of a composition, or alter it in lots of ways. The instrument is a tool, but try and imagine how much we're defined by our use of tools.

I only buy an instrument when there's something I can't do that I want to do.

(edit) Squarepusher's article for flux magazine (under his page at WARP RECORDS) is pretty much dead on from my point of view. Clever chappie.