aberdeen-music

Formula 1 07

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

No Formula 1 thread this year?

I'm surprised, I thought all the Jenson Button worshiping British driver lovers from last year (worst offender:

To you and all the other Button haters....dont take this too personally...but

:finger:

UP yours....

:woohoo: Best race of the season so far.

G...

after one flukey win in the rain)

would be back to wank all over Lewis Hamilton this season?

Where's the love for Lewis?

Guest DustyDeviada

[Frank Drebin]Nice Beaver.[/Frank Drebin]

Was a great race, always plenty going on at that circuit. Seems to me every circuit should have a tough corner going straight into a brick wall, that always sorts out the men from the boys.

Guest DustyDeviada
F1 - Scalextrix for adults.

Never watch it.

Your loss!

And it's not Scaletrix for adults, you don't have to replace the little brush thingies under the cars and if a car goes off at the side because you went to fast you can't just lean over the track and put it back on.

So totally different. ;)

Congratulations to Hamilton for his win yesterday but the main event had to be Kubica's massive accident. How he emerged with just concussion and a sprained ankle I dunno.

YouTube - Robert Kubica's Accident 2007 Canadian GP

Best thing about watching it on Youtube is finding the different versions with foreign commentators. I like the Dutch one -

YouTube - Big crash of Robert Kubica in Canada

"wooooah.... AIRBORNE!!!"

Guest b-bert

Congratulations to hamilton he seems like a nicce guy it's just a shame the press wil never shut up about him ever again.

Nice to see sato ovetake alonso too, i enjoyed that.

Absolutely brilliant race, it's what they needed after the dull Monaco round.

Trulli crashing when the safety car was still out, Massa and Fisichella getting black flagged, Kubica's accident, Sato driving like a man possesed, Alonso being wonderfully Senna-esque erratic and getting punished badly, Hamilton dominating, Wurz finishing 3rd on a one step strategy..probably the best race I've watched in a long, long time.

Alonso isn't finished yet though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight back in style at the United States GP and show Hamilton a lesson or two.

Aaaaaaah. I missed this race (first one i missed this year) and now i cant even see the crash on youtube. Because of COPYRIGHT!!!!!!

Aaaargh, this is gay. :down:

Sometimes if you`re quick enough you can see a clip before it gets pulled.

But now they want to stop people uploading them in the first place.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/12/technology/12google.html?_r=1&oref=slogin :down:

• 3 weeks later...

To show how lucky the GP2 driver was look up the F3000 crash from Magny Cours in the 90s where a driver died in almost identical circumstances. His neck was snapped when his helment hit the top of the wall at the same spot. I'm not going to directly link to it but if you want to see it you should be able to get it on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, best race I've seen in a while, can't beat a bit of rain. I just about fell off the sofa laughing at all the cars sliding off at the same corner, crazy stuff.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, best race I've seen in a while, can't beat a bit of rain. I just about fell off the sofa laughing at all the cars sliding off at the same corner, crazy stuff.

That happened a few years back, not sure which track, but it was due to a water pipe from one of the hospitality tents spilling out water across the track. They were all aquaplaning one by one, think Shumi got cuaght out by it too.

Anyway, what time is the repeated race on today?