aberdeen-music

why is it ok to hate chelsea and not man utd anymore?

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

Especially considering the fact that most people hate chelsea because they 'win' because they spent so much money on players. I don't think its a bad thing at all. I grew up supporting newcastle amongst everyone else in the world supporting fucking man utd. i hate man utd, but appreciate that they have rooney and ronaldo cos i like those players and this is the only thing that makes me not hate them - that and the fact they haven't won everything again this year. Suddenly, however, everyone hates chelsea. I love it when newcastle beat them, pretty much because they are one of the big clubs and it's good to beat those clubs, but everyone else seems to hate them because they have lots of money to 'buy' trophies.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but haven't man utd spent an unbelievable amount of money on players? ferdinand 29 million, veron 28 million, van nistelrooy 18 million, hargreaves 17 million, carrick 16 million, saha 10 million, rooney 25 million, ronaldo 18 million even vidic was expensive considering he was unproven at premiership level!

chelsea 'big' signings: lampard 8 million, drogba 23 million, essien 23 million, robben 14 million, swp 20 million, carvalho 18 million

so therefore, when did it become ok to hate chelsea and not man utd?

discuss

Especially considering the fact that most people hate chelsea because they 'win' because they spent so much money on players. I don't think its a bad thing at all. I grew up supporting newcastle amongst everyone else in the world supporting fucking man utd. i hate man utd, but appreciate that they have rooney and ronaldo cos i like those players and this is the only thing that makes me not hate them - that and the fact they haven't won everything again this year. Suddenly, however, everyone hates chelsea. I love it when newcastle beat them, pretty much because they are one of the big clubs and it's good to beat those clubs, but everyone else seems to hate them because they have lots of money to 'buy' trophies.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but haven't man utd spent an unbelievable amount of money on players? ferdinand 29 million, veron 28 million, van nistelrooy 18 million, hargreaves 17 million, carrick 16 million, saha 10 million, rooney 25 million, ronaldo 18 million even vidic was expensive considering he was unproven at premiership level!

chelsea 'big' signings: lampard 8 million, drogba 23 million, essien 23 million, robben 14 million, swp 20 million, carvalho 18 million

so therefore, when did it become ok to hate chelsea and not man utd?

discuss

Did they not spend unbelvieable amounts on Kezman, Schevchenko and Ballack (or was he a free?). They also bought Smertin then shipped him out on loan straight away. Apparently this was just to help finance a club in Russia that Abromvich kind of liked.

I don't really have a view on the whole thing. I prefer Man U to Chelsea but don't particularly like eitehr of them. Being a Newcastle fan, i love beating Man U probably more than anyone else.

I detest Man Utd with a burning passion. I don't really know why, I just do.

Chelsea spent stupid money last couple of seasons, but they look set to be calming down. As for Man Utd, they have paid ridiculous sums for Carrick and now Hargreaves. Has anyone else noticed that Hargreaves was the laughing stock of Englihs football until a few decent performances for England, and suddenly he is the new Makelele? it's a joke.

Did they not spend unbelvieable amounts on Kezman, Schevchenko and Ballack (or was he a free?). They also bought Smertin then shipped him out on loan straight away. Apparently this was just to help finance a club in Russia that Abromvich kind of liked.

I don't really have a view on the whole thing. I prefer Man U to Chelsea but don't particularly like eitehr of them. Being a Newcastle fan, i love beating Man U probably more than anyone else.

Kezman cost 5m and Ballack was free.

Schevchenko was nearly 30m though. Smertin cost next to nothing as well though.

I hate Man Utd. Chelsea don't bother me. Even though i'm a Spurs fan i'd much rather Arsenal or Chelsea won the league than Man Utd.

Kezman cost 5m and Ballack was free.

Schevchenko was nearly 30m though. Smertin cost next to nothing as well though.

I hate Man Utd. Chelsea don't bother me. Even though i'm a Spurs fan i'd much rather Arsenal or Chelsea won the league than Man Utd.

This is probably only because I am a fan of Man Utd but I have never got this whole Man Utd hate thing that everyone has.

Although I am not so bothered with arsenal as much I really hate Chelsea, but only because of Jose Mourinho. He is doing the exact same thing that Arsene Wenger did when they lost the Premiership to Man Utd. Jose Mourinho has been full of excuses of how referee's are prejudice for Man Utd and against Chelsea and how his players are tired from being in the Fa and European cup.

I don't like how Man Utd is turned into a "brand" and was a bit put off when the American family tookover but it's the football that is important, and at least they play fair(apart from Ronaldo's dive exploits and Rooney's tantrums), which Chelsea definately can't do.

my major issue with chelsea is the hideously ugly brand of direct football they play. Say what you like about it being effective and them winning trophies, that's fine but they still play fucking ugly football. Utd are world renowned for playing fast paced, attractive attacking football and for that reason I'd pick them over those posh London pricks every single time, and I'm a Liverpool fan.

Also, it is true utd have spent a lot of cash on players, but the majority of those players have been worth it. Ok Veron was a massive waste and I'm not convinced by Hargreaves yet but Vidic has been amazing this season. Carrick had a shaky start but has more than proved his worth now. Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Nistleroy have all proved to be inspired purchases, even if they were expensive.

Compare that with the massive waste of money spent by Chelsea on Sheva, Ballack, SRP, Boulahrouz and Obi Mikel and I think it is quite evident that Mourinho has significantly more money than sense at his disposal. In fact the core squad (Terry, Lampard, Cech, Cole) were all bought by Ranieri. The only real quality I've seen him introduce has been Essien and Drogba. Plus he's a cunt with a shit attitude and this has rubbed off on many of his squad.

In essence, I dont like Chelsea because they play shit football, have a disgusting arrogance about them at all times and are prepared to waste vast amounts of money on players that bring nothing to their squad.

rant over :swearing:

i hate chelsea because they bought success, literally, but i can accept

that because thats what happens in football now. what i cant accept is having a team with

lampard, ballack, joe cole, drogba, shevchenko and robben but yet they play shite football

and rely on individual moments of brilliance, rather than scoring goals made through

expansive creative football (arsenal, spurs, man utd), to win games. i cant believe anyone

who actually enjoys watching football would like chelsea to win the league, with

their "things arent going well, lets hump the ball up to drogba" style of play.

and by the way i thought id give you some stats jj to prove they bought the title, in romans first year in charge he spent over 190 million on players and since then he has spent over 300 million on players

man u in the same time have spent around 130...........still a shit load of money but not even half of what chelsea have spent

and by the way i thought id give you some stats jj to prove they bought the title, in romans first year in charge he spent over 190 million on players and since then he has spent over 300 million on players

man u in the same time have spent around 130...........still a shit load of money but not even half of what chelsea have spent

Yeah but Man Utd were in a much better position that Chelsea when Abramovich took over. Chelsea were pretty crap, which is why so much money was spent. Don't get me wrong, it was a ridiculous amount to spend and they wasted a lot the likes of Shevchenko, but I don't think they "bought" the league. Real MAdrid have shown that money doesn't necessarily equal success.

man u play good fitba. chelsea don't.

And then there's Mr Mourinho...

love from christy

Correct.

Chelsea absolutely kill games, they're unbelievably boring to watch. I hate the way Chelsea play a 4-3-3 formation with two wide men and a centre forward that basically reverts to a 4-5-1 formation when they go 1-0 up. It crowds the midfield and slows the game right down.

Mourinho is also an arrogant prick who has became repetitive very quickly.

Thought i don't support Man U i like watching them and tend to want Fergie to do well cos of his Aberdeen connections.

Two words. Cristiano Ronaldo.

to be fair, Ronaldo seems to have cut out the diving big-time this season. The vast majority of his so called dives this season were proven not to be dives, maybe went down a bit easily but i genuinely believe this season anyway Cristiano Ronaldo has been no worse a diver than any other premiership player, and certainly diving far less than the likes of Gerrard who gets away with it time and time again.

as for hating Chelsea, i'd agree its more to the football they play. what summed up the state of football right now to me was Mourinho's comments after the FA Cup about why he played to stifle the game. He asked his players "do you want to enjoy the game, or enjoy after the game?" and of course they said "after" meaning we got one of the most boring games in the history of the world, all in a showpiece FA Cup final at a brand spanking new stadium. Contrast with Jock Steins comments 40 years ago about wanting to win the European Cup, but more importantly in a way that made neutrals glad they won it, and you'll see just where football has managed to lose its way.:down:

As for 'neutrals' not hating Man Utd anymore. it probably is down to them not having a total iron grip that they had on the Premiership in the mid to late 90s, and the fact that this season anyway, they have played some of the best football in the world. signings like Anderson and Nani, whilst perhaps being ones for the future, show a desire to continue attacking with speed and flair.

A team of Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Fletcher, Anderson, Nani, anyone of Huntlaar, Berbatrov or Torres is simply mouth watering. Chelsea have similar talent, hence the frustration that these players are being completely wasted under Mourinho in grinding out wins rather than being allowed to completely express themsevles.

tides change frequently in footy - chelski are the number one target right now because, as mentioned above, they have bought their way to success (but then again who hasn't???) and under mourinho do play negative tactics. i think more people were willing man poo on to win the title than usual last season because most footy fans don't like to see a monopoly on the title.

however i'm sure fans of liverpool, man city, leeds, newcastle etc hate man u with the same passion they're always hated them.

with my supporting tendacies a million miles away from the glitz and glamour of the premiership i don't really hate any of the big clubs but for me peterboro united will always be the team us cambridge fans hate with a passion!!!! though we have good rivalry with any of the 'smaller' league teams in east anglia and london such as colchester and leyton orient even though we don't play them anymore. current rivals would be stevenage boro though next season we do have a new rival in histon who bankrolled their way into the conference (they're a village some 3 miles from cambridge) and we have to avenge the 5-0 tonking they gave us in the FA Trophy last season!

As a club, I hate Man U a helluva lot more than Chelsea.

As a team, I hate Chelsea more than Man U.

Reason? Alex Ferguson has brought up that team. He's stuck by Giggs and Scholes, players brought up through the ranks. Then there's players like O'Shea and Brown still featuring. He hasn't went out and bought world class players for every position. He's signed some fantastic youth in Ronaldo and Rooney, and then signed some players to fill the slots. The base of that team has grown up together though, and for that they deserve everything the get.

Mon the Pool though. :D