aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance on Jonathan Ross

Shaki

Er...are we talking about the same event? Download isn't exactly a hive of intelligent activity, unless you include seeing who can 'mosh the hardest brah' or checking out some 'sick shredding bro" as intellectually stimulating and open minded pastimes.

Every festival has their sheep, and their morons, I met a load of nice "with it" folk, sorry, they weren't reading Dostoyevsky or designing formulas to calculate the average set-time for the bands beginning A to M, they were just their to relax and see some good bands. Have you been to Download? I haven't been to any other festival, I just assumed T in the Park would be folk walking around in sunhats saying "mad for it!"

Who gives a shit what musicians say?

If Metallica did come out with such total garbage on stage they'd lose a bit of my respect as a diehard fan.

Because your appreciation of a musical act is spoiled by the personal beliefs and actions of individual members? Do you listen to music for the sake of music, or do you use it as a fashion statement? I couldn't care less if my favourite musician was a neo-Nazi child-slayer, because I'm not there to appreciate his values!!

Is metal un-ethical? Does metal disagree with soup kitchens? Does metal think the welfare state is bullshit? Does metal want to grind the lower classes in giant mince-makers; put babies on spikes; invade Poland?

Because your appreciation of a musical act is spoiled by the personal beliefs and actions of individual members? Do you listen to music for the sake of music, or do you use it as a fashion statement? I couldn't care less if my favourite musician was a neo-Nazi child-slayer, because I'm not there to appreciate his values!!

Is metal un-ethical? Does metal disagree with soup kitchens? Does metal think the welfare state is bullshit? Does metal want to grind the lower classes in giant mince-makers; put babies on spikes; invade Poland?

No my appreciation of a band's members is spoiled by them talking shite. I don't shred their albums and refuse to listen to them ever again, I just have a lower opinion of the people in the band. Stop trying to pick fault with anything you can and make an educated guess at what I mean as a reasonable person.