aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance on Jonathan Ross

Shaki

isnt that a bit of a childish attitude really? (for the record im not a fan of my chemical romance)

Nope. Their singer guy started ranting about how everyone should go out and do a good deed, like do some work in a soup shelter for the homeless, which came out patronising and hypocritical, and for that I deserve to laugh at them getting harrassed by fans who didn't pay (in some cases big) money to listen to a headlining act come up with such tosh at a metal/rock festival.

Metallica have earned enough respect over the years, I suppose they could say anything and get a cheer, infront of a crowd of their fans. MCR headlining was a mistake from the start, and for them to come out and act like condescending dickheads, instead of trying to prove themselves to an already sceptical crowd that they are a good band was self righteous and foolish.

Nope. Their singer guy started ranting about how everyone should go out and do a good deed, like do some work in a soup shelter for the homeless, which came out patronising and hypocritical, and for that I deserve to laugh at them getting harrassed by fans who didn't pay (in some cases big) money to listen to a headlining act come up with such tosh at a metal/rock festival.

so someone says something you dont agree with and you believe that physical violence is the key to solving the situation and that its completly acceptable when its incidents like that which will mean promoters/bands will think twice about having anything to do with download because when incidents like that happen it just makes everyone doing it look incredibly small minded.

Guest nature_1
so someone says something you dont agree with and you believe that physical violence is the key to solving the situation and that its completly acceptable when its incidents like that which will mean promoters/bands will think twice about having anything to do with download because when incidents like that happen it just makes everyone doing it look incredibly small minded.

i bet they own an MCR album and/or secretly like at least 1 song.

so what if it was a band of the same kinda stature as MCR in the UK, except being a band that you actually like, Dayeth? would that automatically make them tossers aswell?

MCR were shite on jonathon ross all the same, hope they aren't shit at wembley on sunday

Metallica have earned enough respect over the years, I suppose they could say anything and get a cheer, infront of a crowd of their fans. MCR headlining was a mistake from the start, and for them to come out and act like condescending dickheads, instead of trying to prove themselves to an already sceptical crowd that they are a good band was self righteous and foolish.

thats just complete double standards really when ya think about..its ok for one band to say it coz they are more respected than the other band..surely if they are more respected then them being dicks is worse no? and the reason MCR headlined is obvious they were no.1 in the uk and its gonna attract alot of people to the show.

Is there not more than one band at Download at any one time?

Going to see a band with the intention of bottling them off the stage seems a bit fucking stupid really. Pish banter is a poor excuse.

agreed.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Er...are we talking about the same event? Download isn't exactly a hive of intelligent activity, unless you include seeing who can 'mosh the hardest brah' or checking out some 'sick shredding bro" as intellectually stimulating and open minded pastimes.

Er...are we talking about the same event? Download isn't exactly a hive of intelligent activity, unless you include seeing who can 'mosh the hardest brah' or checking out some 'sick shredding bro" as intellectually stimulating and open minded pastimes.

i wouldnt really tar the entire download crowd with that brush all im saying is that there is an element of that in download and moshing and all that yeah im not a fan of it but as long as everyone involved is happy about it then thats cool. my point is taking that mentality and forcing it on others (such as bottling bands) is just complete disrespect. no matter if you like the band or not there will be alot of people there who really want to see that band and they dont deserve to have their experience ruined by the small minded people who i would like to think are in the minority of festival goers and the rest would have enough respect not to sink to that level.

Part of me says, everyone knew what they were getting when they booked download tickets.

The lineup was announced fairly early on.

The other part of me says, Stupid idea to put some 'of the moment' mainstream rock act as a headliner but people should vote with their feet and either not go to the festival or go somewhere else in the festival (which it appears many did and had trouble doing so due to poor planning/layout/expecting it to happen by organisers). There were many other bands on the lineup who were far more deserving to be headliners than My Chemical Romance.

I can see why people might feel particularly annoyed My Chemical Romance was headlining as they forked out a lot of money to go to the festival, there isn't really any other festival of the same variety in the UK. The nearest festival is Bloodstock Open Air which I will probably go to instead of Download.

thats just complete double standards really when ya think about..its ok for one band to say it coz they are more respected than the other band..surely if they are more respected then them being dicks is worse no? and the reason MCR headlined is obvious they were no.1 in the uk and its gonna attract alot of people to the show.

I didn't say it was ok anywhere, I said what was likely to happen. If Metallica did come out with such total garbage on stage, yeh they'd probably get a cheer from the majority of simple-minded metal fans, but they'd lose a bit of my respect as a diehard fan.

As for your other point, the Spice Girls used to be no.1 in UK, and they didn't get to headline Monsters of Rock. And that is a valid comparison because MCR are not a Download band, they are a pop band.

SO!.. with that in mind they were playing to a crowd, most of whom had to be won over, but instead exercised this high-and-mighty "how can these people not just LOOOVVEE what we do and say" attitude, that wasn't appreciated.

And yes, I think it was funny they got bottled off stage. It will make them reconsider their stinkin' attitude.