aberdeen-music

Professional Designer

the_dreamthief

Is your band looking for a new website? Perhaps a new logo?

Look no further.

Graphic Designer with HND, Studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Design, looking for summer projects.

Contact here, or by email.

Link to portfolio please.

Having an HND doesn't make you a "professional"

well it kinda helps. a professional would be someone qualified and practicing a chosen profession in this case design.

as soon as you are earning money from something then you're a professional. but you usually need to be qualified in it to have the necessary skills to earn money.

Having an HND doesn't make you a "professional"

Eh? How did you work that out? Does that mean Im not a professional too? Weird, I don't see any difference between what this guy is offering and what I offer (yes a different service) but he is qualified and providing a service.

Please don't tell me that an HND is not a qualification because it has enabled me to pay the bills for the last 7 years.

Anyway, for the record, Im going to enquire about his services because I sure as fuck don't have a clue how to design a logo.

Here's a brief portfolio of my Digital Photography. Bandwidth is shite, but it has to do, since I can't afford a better host.

Timothy Kemp - Digital Photographer

a professional looking website will pay for itself if it means getting some business through it. your geocities one there is a bit on the amateur side and doesn't look good if you're touting for business as a designer. the photo's are nice enough(though not displayed well on the site) but that site doesn't really show off your design skills. put your money where your mouth is and invest in a decent professional looking website and i'm sure you'll get some business through it.

a professional looking website will pay for itself if it means getting some business through it. your geocities one there is a bit on the amateur side and doesn't look good if you're touting for business as a designer. the photo's are nice enough(though not displayed well on the site) but that site doesn't really show off your design skills. put your money where your mouth is and invest in a decent professional looking website and i'm sure you'll get some business through it.

I'd second that. If you're touting yourself as a web designer you cannot use somewhere like geocities, especially when it's going to display a "this account is out of bandwidth" message most of the time. There are better free hosts and you can get excellent hosting for cheap these days.

Check your spelling as well, you've mis-spelt Gray's on your biog (possibly your qualifications page as well, couldn't see that for the aforementioned bandwidth message).