aberdeen-music

GFN? zine, issue 2, now online

daveladocus

It was a pretty good read :)

A few minor annoyances though...

It's all done in flash... While I will admit flash is really good... but not for this piece... first off, you cant bookmark individual pages... a small thing, but it would make you think twice about going back.

It loads fairly slow on people who are not fortunate enough to have high-speed broadband. If something takes a fair amount of time to load people would tend just to leave.

No way of returning to the 'navigation' page... I didn't really want to read every article... But still I had to click though them all to get back to the start... and since it's in flash you cannot just simply right-click open in new tab/window, which is a tad annoying.

Overall I rate it a fairly good 'Zine... :punk:

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I've managed to half the file size of each page in the hope it will now load a bit quicker. I've also added a Home button on the bottom right of each page, bringin you back to the splash/intro screen. Regards your other points, I do agree with them but the webspace/online software I'm using is free for this (GFN? is non-profit) and is flash based only... and seeing as the zine is primarly paper based I'm hoping this isn't too big an issue.

Thanks again, much appreciated, let us know if it loads any quicker! I've yet to compress the first zine...

Hilarious, especially the ironic "why language matters" section which (like most of the zine) was clearly written by people of limited literacy. Works really well as a satire of the stereotypical sweaty "fuck the system" adolescent so-called-punk - the political parts were very funny, a good charicature of the painfully naive schoolboy political thinking endemic in the community you are taking the piss out of. Congrats.

Hilarious, especially the ironic "why language matters" section which (like most of the zine) was clearly written by people of limited literacy. Works really well as a satire of the stereotypical sweaty "fuck the system" adolescent so-called-punk - the political parts were very funny, a good charicature of the painfully naive schoolboy political thinking endemic in the community you are taking the piss out of. Congrats.

ye, good one. well we'll be sure to make the next issue much more pessimistic and hopefully a little more right-wing.

who is this guy? does he exist or is he just an electronic incarnation of everything i hate about mankind?

What a wanker!

Anyways, good effort guys.