aberdeen-music

Anyone know? (Tunnels question)

HateEvent

Ignoring the unhelpful soundman for a minute, surely if you can't hear the kickdrum onstage then that's a sign that something else is too loud onstage?

That's why they invented a monitor system... Depending on how you have the drum tuned it can all but dissapear in a stage situation, regardless of how hard it is hit. Even if I can hear the bass drum I always like something back in the monitor anyway. Its a feeling thing. Bit like a security blanket if you will :)

If anyone was at the Low Lows gig a while back then they will know how bad the sound was, and it wasn't just down to the band having a bad night. Which they ended up having due to a SHIT sound.

That's why they invented a monitor system... Depending on how you have the drum tuned it can all but dissapear in a stage situation, regardless of how hard it is hit. Even if I can hear the bass drum I always like something back in the monitor anyway. Its a feeling thing. Bit like a security blanket if you will :)

Yeah I know, but I always thought that at a venue like The Tunnels where everything's going through the PA then the onstage sound didn't need to be that loud. So you should still be able to hear all the instruments and you would just need vocals through the monitors ideally.

Yeah I know, but I always thought that at a venue like The Tunnels where everything's going through the PA then the onstage sound didn't need to be that loud. So you should still be able to hear all the instruments and you would just need vocals through the monitors ideally.

If only... :)

The guy was in has late 20's, I would say. He has blonde hair and is about 5' 10 ish.

I'm not going to say too much as I don't know the whole situation but it was very unfortunate the way things worked out, James really said all that can be said in his post.

ah well, probably not the guy i'm thinking of then. still doesn't sound overly helpful though.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Soundboy said we were a pleasure to work with, probably because we didn't soundcheck and didn't give a shit about the sound anyway, thus giving him fuck all to do. Had to ask him to turn up the vox after the first SPD song, which he did. No complaints, played, got paid, got pissed, got pies. As long as the guy caught his bus................

Boing!

Guest Kilgore Trout
i refuse to play at the tunnels unless mod manny does the sound! aye!

we didn't even have to feed him whisky.

double doink.

turns out craig did get him a nip, but it was after we played so it dont count really as a bribe as such.

booobies!

Guest Kilgore Trout
turns out craig did get him a nip, but it was after we played so it dont count really as a bribe as such.

booobies!

idiot! i once stood very close to the stge in the tunnels you know.

you fucking binbag!

Guest Kilgore Trout
idiot! i once stood very close to the stge in the tunnels you know.

you fucking binbag!

you blllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooody idiot!

i once nearly stood next to the sound desk at a gig in the tunnels,

so there!

i know the 'sound guy' the first poster is talking about...

All the sound people ive worked with at the tunnels (barr that old guy who picks his toe nails) are top!!

And the 'Sound guy' in question gives the best sound in my opinion - no problems ever!

im gonna agree with chris that the sound on the stage in the tunnels dont have to be that loud.

i know the 'sound guy' the first poster is talking about...

All the sound people ive worked with at the tunnels (barr that old guy who picks his toe nails) are top!!

And the 'Sound guy' in question gives the best sound in my opinion - no problems ever!

im gonna agree with chris that the sound on the stage in the tunnels dont have to be that loud.

Regarding Acoustic, he is very good. Metal, he really didn't seem to know what he was doing.