aberdeen-music

Anyone know? (Tunnels question)

HateEvent

Who was the sound engineer in tunnel 1 tonight for the Bastard Squad/Condiments/Element 106/Spike Pile Driver/Hijacks gig? ?(

Also, take note of the order I listed the bands in. :up:

Key words of the day (which will also make sense if someone uses the site's search function for "sound engineer" with these words prior to it) - Useless and aurally inept. ;)

What an attitude aswell! :-

Him (very ratty) - "Tell me what you want and I'll give you it."

Me - "Kick drum in my montior please." (I like to play in time and find the kick drum being audible helps this) *NOTE* - I even say 'please'!

Him - "No. I don't do it like that so no you can't have any."

Also, - given the bad mood he was in with us later on - I had to move my 4x12 cabinet out of the way to let another band set up and he refused to move a microphone stand (the amp is on castors/casters/whatever! so I could've just slid it out of the way. No, I HAD to lift it out of the way because the microphone stand (which wasn't near enough to the speaker it was "mic'ing" properly for what it's worth) was "set up and wasn't getting moved regardless".

Then the muttering of "fuckers/wankers/cunts/whatever he was saying" under his breath in my - and also Chris (drummer: 'Bostaph' on this site)'s - direction wasn't too pleasant either!

I'll leave it to our lovely bald other guitar player to describe the lineup order feud. I can't talk about it just now without wanting to put my fist through my monitor! :laughing:

My English teacher would be in awe of my parenthesis for this post! :)

Im not wanting to say too much. I like the Tunnels and have a lot of time for all who work there....apart from the "sound" guy. Basically what Jimmer has said. He was getting ratty with us because the sound was simply terrible.... All the bands sounded tinny and were feedbacking.

Once did an acoustic gig with him doing the sound and it was great but last night, he was just being an arse and getting involved with the line-ups. Sad to say but I refuse to play a gig with him as soundman.

sounds like a guy who used to do the sound in drummonds(many years ago) and who occasionally fills in at the tunnels when jenny's away. older guy who's name escapes me. he used to talk over bands during their set using the microphone in the sound booth if he didn't like them in drummonds. he did the sound for a sister resist night once and went home before the night had finished thus meaning they couldn't have mc's as they'd planned after the bands. if it's the guy i'm thinking of he's a terrible soundman with a stinking attitude, i don't know anyone who's ever been happy with him doing sound for them and have no idea how he gets work.

The guy was in has late 20's, I would say. He has blonde hair and is about 5' 10 ish.

I'm not going to say too much as I don't know the whole situation but it was very unfortunate the way things worked out, James really said all that can be said in his post.

Me - "Kick drum in my montior please." (I like to play in time and find the kick drum being audible helps this) *NOTE* - I even say 'please'!

Ignoring the unhelpful soundman for a minute, surely if you can't hear the kickdrum onstage then that's a sign that something else is too loud onstage?

Ignoring the unhelpful soundman for a minute, surely if you can't hear the kickdrum onstage then that's a sign that something else is too loud onstage?

Which was because I was told to turn up above what I had my amp set at before and the bass was cranked also. This stopped the kick being (properly) audible.

It's just frustrating because I've never had problems with the sound before - it's as if this guy just didn't have a clue and then gets pissed off when we ask for ANYTHING and starts swearing under his breath at us. :swearing:

:down:

Guest Kilgore Trout

i thought he was fine. i hate soundchecks anyway they are usually pointless. we plugged in and played- and thats it. he told craig he was a "mod" so element's metal might have been a bit hard for him to sort out. ah well.

hog, i've booked a mini tour of elgin, dufftown, kieth, huntly and a night at the grouse inn up the cabrach so if you element chaps want in just say the word - be quick because slayer are interested....

Guest Kilgore Trout
April 1st, 2008

April 1st, 2009

etc.

Probably.

I hope they play Turiff, just to see Kerry King upstairs in Buckley's.

Oh.

aye am havin a larf. i cant book gigs.

did jake look like this in the priory?

jakemask.JPG