aberdeen-music

Practising at home.

Fast Caz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care about what everyone thinks of me , life is too damn short to worry about that.

Please do not preach to me about how to conduct myself i know exactly what im doing is making me happy and to be honest with you if one miserable woman is unhappy boofuckinghoo i am not going to bother a shit about one person , if the enviromental health officials tell me that the noise level is above normal levels then fine i will stop playing.

I thank you all for the advice that has have given to me on the topic and i hope something will be worked out reasonably without the needs of the authorities.

:up:

"Hi, is that the environmental health"

"Yes"

"Great, I have a neighbour that making a pest of herself by complaining about how annoying my drums are. Can you guys look into this so that it can be resolved"

"Yes we can. Are the walls between you and your neighbour soundproofed?"

"Oh, erm, she stays four doors away"

"huh? get a rehearsal space... NOW and don't waste our time again!!!"

click brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just a light hearted bit of banter so don't go all stroppy

It's drums for crying out loud. They can be annoying at the best of times. Especially between songs. Fidgety drummers. Grrrr

Good call. Why can't drummer sit still and shut it? They always feel the need to hit something, especially when you're trying to have a conversation. Gits.

Good call. Why can't drummer sit still and shut it? They always feel the need to hit something, especially when you're trying to have a conversation. Gits.

Lets not be sweeping about drummers being gits... I am one but can't abide he tickling and tinkering 'some' drummers get up to between songs, unless absolutely required due to technical stuff. Same goes for any instrument though. JUST PLAY THE BLOODY SONGS

:)

Lets not be sweeping about drummers being gits... I am one but can't abide he tickling and tinkering 'some' drummers get up to between songs, unless absolutely required due to technical stuff. Same goes for any instrument though. JUST PLAY THE BLOODY SONGS

:)

Then you, sir, are a fine drummer

Im sorry but am I the only one who thinks that someone who thinks its ok to batter away on a drumkit for hours (or indeed years) in a residential area is a fucking moron?

Lucky for you it was just woman with kids youve pissed off. Drums up your arse would probably sting a bit......

Try rehearsing in a proper reharsing space - not a fucking housing estate.

Christ. My beleif that 99% of musicans are thick self centred cunts has just gone up another percent.

Im sorry but am I the only one who thinks that someone who thinks its ok to batter away on a drumkit for hours (or indeed years) in a residential area is a fucking moron?

Lucky for you it was just woman with kids youve pissed off. Drums up your arse would probably sting a bit......

Try rehearsing in a proper reharsing space - not a fucking housing estate.

Christ. My beleif that 99% of musicans are thick self centred cunts has just gone up another percent.

Sorry did i not say i only play my drums for about 2 hours per week.

Im a fucking moron , 99% of musicians are thick self centred cunts are they not personal attacks ?

I am never tempted... I do only refer to gigging... :)

It's worse during practice. You're trying to discuss the finer points of chord progressions or harmony with the lead guitarist, and suddenly the drummer strikes up some anoyying rythm and you can't even hear yourself think.

It's worse during practice. You're trying to discuss the finer points of chord progressions or harmony with the lead guitarist, and suddenly the drummer strikes up some anoyying rythm and you can't even hear yourself think.

no way man... lead guitarists are infamous for wailing away at every available opportunity during a practice...

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Interesting thread, seems a bit daft pounding the skins at home right enough, but 4 doors away? Toastie, have you ever had any complaints from your more immediate neighbours? If not, then it ain't you who's being unreasonable here. It'd just be your luck if she's one of those who expects everyone to drop everything for her and her kids. The "Look, I've got kids!" argument isn't worth a piss. Nobody forced her to breed.

Nothing from enviromentalists yet.

No complaints from immediate neighbours aswell which makes it quite clear to me that it surely aint all that bad.

Never mentioned before that the stuff i've been playing isn't full on insanity blastbeats or any unbearable ( to the untrained ears) stuff like that HAHAHA.

With regards to the complaining neighbour she has a hair up her ass because she had her first kid when she was 16 and now has four others and her "husband" has left her so go fucking figure no wonder she is an irrate bitch.

The world has to suffer because of her own stupidity ? NO thanks ..NEXT !

No need for arguements with egos anymore including this site.

Cheers

Guest Kilgore Trout

oooh lordy.

kick her in the chuff.

ah but seriously frosty whack has a point- playing drums is not a right in the beady eyes of the council, even if your nieghbour is making a much louder noise having her craggy flange re bored by a team of AA technicians at two am. the problem is the police and enviromental health hear "kids" and think you are in the wrong. a couple of years a go i was practicing feedback for sidca- and as we all know feedback sculpture only works at ear fucking volume, my nieghbour complained- with full effing and blinding- because, as he said "yer fucking cunting waaashin machine is makin' a hell o' a din"- i highlighted the fact that it was ten am, i was off from work and if he had a job he would'nt be there. i also drew the gimps attention to the fact that he himself was no stranger to noise pollution- having endured elton fucking john every friday/sat/sun night for the last month from his flat at defeaning volume. besides, it was nae a washing machine, and he was lucky to hear such musical genius.

i then called him a "tot" and a "rash" and he fucked off.

aberdonians are total twats.

the next night i phoned the oinks on him and he got lifted.

ye haw.

however,

i'm down with the pain of this thread- why should'nt we all play our musical gadgets when other real "anti social " noise goes unchecked?

hmmmm,

heavy man.

also chris, what is a sheee-lay-lee?

i assume its some sort of potatoe based cudgel?

isn't neighbours a funny word. it just looks wrong after a while.

i heard bouncer could lick his genitals and he taught joe mangle the trick. woof.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont have anything to back it up but I thought anti-social hours for making loud noise were before 7 am and after 10pm...

Thats about right. My mate had parties before in his flat with really thin walls (when you leave you can hear people talking when you go down stairs). He almost got an ASBO because of one party constantly making noise after 10.

Your neighbour is a total bitch, end of.

• 3 weeks later...

Noise

From a legal point of view (sorry to sound dull, but this was in the original question, and I actually know about this).

There is no time scale involved in music/noise, that causes someone annoyance. You could be practicing at 2pm and if someone thinks that it's excessive and the cops agree, then you get done and the equipment that you're using to generate the noise goes with them when they leave. You then have to pay THEM for the storage and you could end up in court over it too... Nasty, costly and sort of unnecessary once you know these rules!!

Trust me... experience can hurt!!!!

All about respect at the end of the day, and even if your neighbour basically doesn't like you and just likes getting you in the shit, it doesn't matter, if they want to, they CAN stir up a lot of shit for you... take the advice about the electronic version, or go to a rehearsal/practice room!