aberdeen-music

Practising at home.

Fast Caz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, exactly, I'm pretty sure it's a lot later than half 7. You could always phone the law and ask them about it.

There is no set time that is acceptable in law. Anti-social levels of noise are anti-social at any time of day or night. If someone objects, it doesn't matter if it's 10pm or 10am.

Guest DustyDeviada

One thing we need to know - is she a yummy mummy? 'Cause if she is then you could be losing out on some bored housewife action along the line by falling out with her.

One thing we need to know - is she a yummy mummy? 'Cause if she is then you could be losing out on some bored housewife action along the line by falling out with her.

Haha looks is the fitsy thing taken into consideration and this woman ( ha ! ) has her own gravitational pull , presumedly has never seen her on face in the mirror due to so many folds.

Not even jake would bang this broad I hope.

:up:

Could you imagine if you went to her house and called her a cunt? Dont see why its ok for you to put up with the way she spoke. Any normal person would politely chat with you (my neighbour did that, I apologised and switched the amp off). Honestly, she should fuck off.

Could you imagine if you went to her house and called her a cunt? Dont see why its ok for you to put up with the way she spoke. Any normal person would politely chat with you (my neighbour did that, I apologised and switched the amp off). Honestly, she should fuck off.

Update

I went and tried to speak to her and resolve any sort of problem she was having with me palying practising my drums at a reasonable time but i got called a disrepectful fucker and had the door slammed on my face.

I'll try and catch her husband and see what he thinks.

"Dusty -Yes, but only because she's a minger."

- HA !

Well yeah i told her not to bother phoning the filth as im getting enviromental health round to help the problem and i wish she would address me in future in a civilised manner next time when she has a problem.

Nah if all goes well at 2am i will take a shit in her exhaust pipe and all over her front windscreen, get that up ye , ye minky bitch. - this is a joke for those humourless fuckwits on this board.

HA

To be honest, you don't have an absolute right to play undampened drums in a residential area, it's pretty inconsiderate to expect that in my view. If any of your neighbours object (and I'm surprised they all don't) then you have to stop. I wouldn't advise going to see the husband either, there's no way he's not going to back up his wife, is there?

I'd say your only hope is to write a nice note to apologise, saying you didn't realise it was a problem and will stop playing for now, and you're currently looking into alternative methods of practising which won't affect anyone else. Hopefully that way she'll calm down, and if she sees you're at least trying, she may be more willing to compromise and meet you half-way.

To be honest, you don't have an absolute right to play undampened drums in a residential area, it's pretty inconsiderate to expect that in my view. If any of your neighbours object (and I'm surprised they all don't) then you have to stop. I wouldn't advise going to see the husband either, there's no way he's not going to back up his wife, is there?

I'd say your only hope is to write a nice note to apologise, saying you didn't realise it was a problem and will stop playing for now, and you're currently looking into alternative methods of practising which won't affect anyone else. Hopefully that way she'll calm down, and if she sees you're at least trying, she may be more willing to compromise and meet you half-way.

Nobody's saying she's completely wrong, but she can't react like that and expect him to take it. She's obviously not a reasonable person. If she'd come over and said "Listen pal, could you please not do the drums at this time?" then it would all be different.

It pisses me off how some people go mental without talking civilly about the problem first.

Nobody's saying she's completely wrong, but she can't react like that and expect him to take it. She's obviously not a reasonable person. If she'd come over and said "Listen pal, could you please not do the drums at this time?" then it would all be different.

It pisses me off how some people go mental without talking civilly about the problem first.

Maybe 5 years of torment finally manifested itself.

Yeah i do see where your coming from but im not going to back down and write an apology letter because one person has a hair up their ass about it.

My parents and i ( plus neighbours )have had to put up with her arguing with her kids in the street all the time using abusive language whilst there is other peoples kids in the vacinity.

It also seems there is a backdate of neighbours having complaints from her about alot of petty things.

The drum times and what not will not be a problem for as i usually only play them once or twice a week for about 2-3 hour sessions but it's the principal of the matter in question that has got me questioning her.

Maybe 5 years of torment finally manifested itself.

Crossed my mind as well. I've been in a situation where the neighbours continuosly ignored the fact that there were others living around them and even after words, and asking nicely, it made no difference. I could have killed at times, or happily crippled!

Maybe she isn't fully responsible for how she reacts or behaves. Maybe she has some issues that are compounded by loud noise. Maybe she is just mental. In any case a little empathy can go a long way. It's drums for crying out loud. They can be annoying at the best of times. Especially between songs. Fidgety drummers. Grrrrrrrrrr

Or maybe your a shit drummer and she's had enough of your bad influence on her kids who want to be drummers?

Maybe she isn't fully responsible for how she reacts or behaves. Maybe she has some issues that are compounded by loud noise. Maybe she is just mental. In any case a little empathy can go a long way. It's drums for crying out loud.

Yes this could be very true but she hasn't addressed this issue to me so im am not going to stop doing something i enjoy just on a presumption.

Ofcourse she may not want to tell that she may have problems with mental health but im not aware.

Would you stop someone drinking in a bar if you didn't know they had an alcohol problem ?

Yes this could be very true but she hasn't addressed this issue to me so im am not going to stop doing something i enjoy just on a presumption.

Ofcourse she may not want to tell that she may have problems with mental health but im not aware.

Would you stop someone drinking in a bar if you didn't know they had an alcohol problem ?

Find another way of enjoying what you do so everyone wins?

It comes down to what Mr Frosty said; playing drums in a residential area isn't a good idea. There will always be someone (people) unhappy, whether they say so or not and does knowing that please you? If the answer is yes then carry on... Giving a shit about others is a nice way to conduct yourself, and a dying trait, unfortunately.

Find another way of enjoying what you do so everyone wins?

It comes down to what Mr Frosty said; playing drums in a residential area isn't a good idea. There will always be someone (people) unhappy, whether they say so or not and does knowing that please you? If the answer is yes then carry on... Giving a shit about others is a nice way to conduct yourself, and a dying trait, unfortunately.

I don't really care about what everyone thinks of me , life is too damn short to worry about that.

Please do not preach to me about how to conduct myself i know exactly what im doing is making me happy and to be honest with you if one miserable woman is unhappy boofuckinghoo i am not going to bother a shit about one person , if the enviromental health officials tell me that the noise level is above normal levels then fine i will stop playing.

I thank you all for the advice that has have given to me on the topic and i hope something will be worked out reasonably without the needs of the authorities.

:up:

i would think that the noise of the drums themselves are definitely above permitted levels... basically, above 90db (i think) will damage your hearing, so surely anything above that is 'anti-social', 'unacceptable' or whatever. not sure about hearing them from a few doors down though. i'd agree with just waiting on the guys coming to measure the volume, see what they have to say.

Interesting thread. Drums are as loud as hell though. Probably one of the worst instruments to play at home for that very reason. A full band would probably be better, at least people could have a singalong whilst deep frying their Mars bars etc.

yep and probably another reason there are less drummers around. mind you, a guitarist practicing through a shitty 10w amp instead of the prefered cranked valve amp is probably the equivalent of putting pads or whatever on drums