aberdeen-music

Picture advice

JaseyBoi

Hi folks, I have this picture that is in a frame but it has no glass,Where would one go to get a sheet of glass put on it and even the frame tidied up at the back (meaning take of the old tape and put decent cardboard staples or watever)....

Its a very old frame and its in good condition from the front.....At the back the cardboard has been mouldy at one time and dried all foldy like.........Its a full size poster frame and picture so obviously the sheet of glass would need to be quite big......Is there a shop in toon that anyone knows of that i could take it in to be re-glassed and fixed up properly at the back.

Thanks in advance

Hi folks, I have this picture that is in a frame but it has no glass,Where would one go to get a sheet of glass put on it and even the frame tidied up at the back (meaning take of the old tape and put decent cardboard staples or watever)....

Its a very old frame and its in good condition from the front.....At the back the cardboard has been mouldy at one time and dried all foldy like.........Its a full size poster frame and picture so obviously the sheet of glass would need to be quite big......Is there a shop in toon that anyone knows of that i could take it in to be re-glassed and fixed up properly at the back.

Thanks in advance

You could phone and ask at Peacock Visual Arts framers. Nice chaps and if they can't help they will probably suggest somewhere that will. Doubt it will be cheap, 'Master framers', and may end up easier to get a new frame, maybe not like, but give them a phone to explain the situation. I will add that they are always busy and this probably wouldn't take priority status

639539 work hours