aberdeen-music

Deadliest Catch

JaseyBoi

my blokey's flatmate used to be a fisherman so they sit and watch it quite a lot. Apparently being a fisherman in the North Sea is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world which is pretty impressive/freaksome.

But yeah, it's a lot more interesting than you'd think. Good way to kill half and hour or so.

There is a tv series out there called Trawlermen and its based in the northsea.......All the fishing boats leave from peterhead so many folk might even reconice some faces......I used to work with a fisherman so i instantly reconised him.......Its not a bad wee show like just a bit OTT on the peterheed accent lol.......Altho when the prawns leave peterheed and arrive at harrods there advertised as Peters head Prawns lol

Aye, we saw that. There were regular cries of 'Aaahh! Look at his FACE!' when the boys saw someone they knew from school. But I reckon they beef up the accent to make it extra authentic for English audiences.

And Bear Grylls is just a poor man's Ray Mears. Mearsy would kick his ass in a survival face off.