aberdeen-music

Manics @ The Music Hall

Stephen

Oh please, PLEASE, can we not have yet another fucking discussion about the relative merits of every single recorded Manics opus? It's been wrung out sooo many times. Let's keep this to discussing the upcoming gig please, or I will definitely be going postal...

Bad day Frosty? :p

I need sleep. But... If it was any other band I'd probably still be sweetness and light. I just never understood the chronic introspection of Manics fans...

That sounds vaguely like a personal attack on the Manics! How unprofessional!

Dave'll have your guts for garters. :p

Guest bluesxman

I've still got my mug that I bought at the 'Everything Must Go' show at the Music Hall.....says 'Hell Is Other People' on the side and it was true of all the beer boys down the front at that gig....

• Upvote 1

Guest DustyDeviada

Got mine on Thursday through the pre-sale link posted by mattjimf, cheers for that.

It just said "General Admission", so I guess it's downstairs standing. They've been posted according to Ticketmaster so I'll know soon enough.

And yes, as with just about all gigs in Aberdeen these days there will probably be bams down the front singing "Stand Free" and chucking coins onstage. :down:

Saw them last night at Rock Ness and they were amazing, can't wait for December. The new stuff stood up really well amongst the new stuff, Autumnsong in particular sounded like an instant classic. Motown Junk followed by Design for Life was the highlight, particularly as the fireworks kicked off over Loch Ness halfway through Design. Nicky's jumping on stage deserves particular mention, it defied gravity, he almost cleared the entire stage with one jump.

Well that makes sense...

Ha! I apologise, I had a long and tiring drive back from Inverness last night and not much sleep when I spouted that bit of genius.

I would edit it, but for some reason I can't edit it and it's not really worth PM'ing Neil about, unless that botched review has lost me a place at Rolling Stone.