aberdeen-music

Alesis Monitor 1 MkII Active Powered Speakers (pair)

Tav

This advert is on behalf of a friend.

alemon1active.jpg

Alesis Monitor 1 MkII Active Powered Speakers (pair)

Information:

Click here - Weblink

Condition

As new condition!

Extras:

XLR Leads

Price & Delivery

He's looking for 180 for the Monitors. He is willing to deliver in and around Aberdeen.

You can leave a reply here, pm me or email me at: cold_spoon@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Cheers!

Hi,

Tried to look on wikipedia but couldn't find any information there about active monitors.

What is the purpose of active monitors? What's the difference from passive ones.

And what is actually meant by 'Monitors' why aren't they just called speakers!

It would be great if anyone could explain this for me!

Thanks! And sorry for interrupting !

Hi,

Tried to look on wikipedia but couldn't find any information there about active monitors.

What is the purpose of active monitors? What's the difference from passive ones.

And what is actually meant by 'Monitors' why aren't they just called speakers!

It would be great if anyone could explain this for me!

Thanks! And sorry for interrupting !

"monitors" are speakers designed to have a flat, uncoloured frequency response for the purposes of mixing and mastering tracks. Active monitors are powered speakers that contain their own amplifier and can be plugged straight into your mixer or audio-interface outputs.

The alesis m1 mk2 (200 quid new) is a bit outdated and has been superceded by a new family of alesis active monitors, the original is considered by a lot of people to have a coloured bass response and I wouldn't recommend them for any serious mixing purposes.

"monitors" are speakers designed to have a flat, uncoloured frequency response for the purposes of mixing and mastering tracks. Active monitors are powered speakers that contain their own amplifier and can be plugged straight into your mixer or audio-interface outputs.

The alesis m1 mk2 (200 quid new) is a bit outdated and has been superceded by a new family of alesis active monitors, the original is considered by a lot of people to have a coloured bass response and I wouldn't recommend them for any serious mixing purposes.

Thanks for the info. though personal opinions on items should be left out of sale forums.

They appear to be 220 new plus postage from the internet there as well.