aberdeen-music

excellent italian greyhound

lepeep

Guest bluesxman

I've got my copy ordered, hopefully will be a quick delivery....the label blurb below indicates why so little was heard about it, I only knew they had an album appearing in Summer because someone told me, thought it was later than early June though.

"Both the CD and LP version of Excellent Italian Greyhound come packaged in a beautiful full colour gatefold sleeve. The LP version also includes a slipcover that was drawn and hand-silk-screened by friend Jay Ryan. The CD also has the slipcover, however it is not hand-screened.Audio quality is paramount, as always, with Shellac. The LP was mastered entirely in the analog domain, using the DMM (Direct Metal Mastering) process. The LPs are being manufactured at RTI in Camarillo, CA, using their HQ-180 system. The pressings are 180 gram audiophile quality. Other than the informational sheet you hold in your hand (or virtual hand), this record will have no formal promotion. There will be no advertisements, no press or radio promotion, no e-promotion, no promotional or review copies, no promotional gimmick items, and otherwise no free lunch. Photos of the band are available. And the band is available for email or telephone interviews.The band will continue to play shows or tour at the same sporadic and relaxed pace as always. There is no correlation between shows and record releases. This is Shellacs longest record. All the songs are about Italy or Greyhounds. Next record: Cowbell"

• 2 weeks later...
best since action park by a mile.

Action Park was refreshing album at the time. but I'm still giving Greyhound the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just me but I find it quite samey in places to 1000 Hurts.

I think Terraform is their best album. But my opinion is just like a clit cos every cunt has one.:up:

Action Park was refreshing album at the time. but I'm still giving Greyhound the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just me but I find it quite samey in places to 1000 Hurts.

I think Terraform is their best album. But my opinion is just like a clit cos every cunt has one.:up:

tell that to the forced female circumcision victims....

every point has a counterpoint!

I (stupid boy) tell everyone on here about the LP... my wife goes in to buy it for my birthday..and it's fucking sold out in one up....what a dong.

Guest bluesxman

The first half is really good, the second half less so but probably still better than a lot of stuff out there.

'Steady As She Goes' is a tune and a half......

tell that to the forced female circumcision victims....

every point has a counterpoint!

I (stupid boy) tell everyone on here about the LP... my wife goes in to buy it for my birthday..and it's fucking sold out in one up....what a dong.

yea, um, i got the last one when i was in. i almost bought the cd then i remembered as i approached the counter that 1000 hurts had the cd with the lp so i nabbed that instead. i'm sure they'll get more though right?

happy birthday pheel. :)

Guest Kilgore Trout

i reckon its a grower, actually i burned a copy for craig spike and felt compeled to add a disc by this band NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNwho i think are doing shellac better than shellac really( obviously my personal take on the situation) . i suppose they are fawning electrical audio-philes but what the fuck they are tippety top music wise fellow bipeds...

have you guys heard alex newport's "theory of ruin" ? (ex fudge tunnel.....did I ever say they played in aberdeen in 1991?.... he he he he)

they are a sort of shellac meets FT...faultliner is a great LP...I highly reccomend it, if you like shellac.

downloaded the stnnng stuff...sounds fook all like shellac.

more like craw, or big'n on speed.

www.myspace.com/bignchicagonoise

craw

• 3 months later...