aberdeen-music

Decent Drum Kit?

simmydrummer

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. Basically, I played drums for about 8 years until 2004, when I ran out of space/time for my kit. Therefore, I sold my kit.

The itch has returned, and I'm keen to get back to gigging, and rehearsing with my former band.

Problem is, because I've been out of the scene for a few years, I've lost touch. I'm looking for a basic start up kit, as I still have a few bits and bobs lying about the house.

Looking for a decent price, decent kit, and decent size.

Advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. Basically, I played drums for about 8 years until 2004, when I ran out of space/time for my kit. Therefore, I sold my kit.

The itch has returned, and I'm keen to get back to gigging, and rehearsing with my former band.

Problem is, because I've been out of the scene for a few years, I've lost touch. I'm looking for a basic start up kit, as I still have a few bits and bobs lying about the house.

Looking for a decent price, decent kit, and decent size.

Advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Mark

You'll probably get a whole host of opinions on why you should buy this kit or that kit.....but if you're buying new, in my opinion you can't really lose, since just about every major drum manufacturer has upped their game in the entry-level market over the past few years.

Mapex, Premier, Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, Pacific and others all do very good-sounding, solidly built kits in the 500-750 bracket. Depending on what bits you've already got (eg. stands, snare drum etc), you may be able to go cheaper than this.

Cheers

Neil