aberdeen-music

My animation

Dayeth

Hello

After months of blood, sweat and software crashes I would like to share with you my final year Uni project. Click here. It's called Nuclear Xtreme, and is a tongue in cheek look at the UK's nuclear deterrent.

Additionally, if you have the time to fill out this quick questionnaire, that would be much appreciated. Your e-mail address is optional, but helps me convince the examiners that real people have taken the questionnaire.

YouTube has compressed the video quite a bit, here are some of the original screens.

outro204.jpg

interview0684.jpg

truck558.jpg

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I dunno how the software works, but the whole animation is really freaking sweet. however, the girl is the worst voice actress ever!

Its his sister. He needed someone to do a girl's voice, and she was probably the most available. I doubt she had any illusions of grandeur.

You never know. If someone had told Orlando Bloom to go and sit in a corner when he was a kid, it would have saved me and the majority of the world's population a whole lot of pain.

To answer these questions:

Yes, it is my sister doing the girl voice, and yes herself and myself were NOT the first choices to do voice acting. I searched on here for one a good while ago, I also emailed drama societies and did a lot of stuff to find one, but no-one took me on. My sister took about 30 takes for each sentence, done seperately, and to be honest, was forced into doing it. It was an ordeal, she kept doing an American accent for some reason. I'm not particulary bothered since I dont want to go into the voice recording/performing industry, but hey if anyone wants to do better, record it in synch and send to me and i'll put it on top instead.

The whole thing was made completely from scratch, the only prefab was the tree, and it took me about 3 months of arsing about to come up with the storyboards and idea, then 6 months to make the whole thing.

The flailing boobs were not on purpose, but when they started doing it on my first tests I decided to roll with it. Sex sells.

I hope to go into computer games

Thanks for the approving comments and to the people that did my questionnaire. I get my final Uni grade back tomorrow. If anyone is going to the degree show at Grays, which runs next week, it's exhibited in the portacabins at the back of the building with the Design for Digital Media and Product Design stuff. I was also featured in Compter Arts magazine this month for it.