aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Gigs & Edinburgh Gigs

Callumbo

Hi folks

This is my debut post on the forum - I play in an Edinburgh based band, Ten Storeys High, and we're really keen to land a gig or two up in Aberdeen over the next couple of months to promote our debut single Good Things, which we are launching tonight at a wee party/gig in Edinburgh as part of the Leith Festival. We host a monthly gig at a cracking wee bar in Leith in Edinburgh, The Village, which amongst other things won the BBC's best folk music venue in the UK last year. I hasten to add we don't do folk, although I do own a couple of suitable sweaters, but play acoustic based pop/rock tunes (don't you hate categorising yourself?!). Anyhoo, each month we invite a couple of bands to play with us and wondered if there were any Aberdeen bands/singer-songwwriters that would like to fire down and play some time - obviously we would love it if you could point us in the right direction of gigs in Aberdeen for that bit of musical mutualism. I played in a band, babacool, for about ten years that used to play up in Aberdeen quite regularly, but I haven't played in Aberdeen for a few years now and just don't know what are the best places to approach. If anyone could help me oot it would be appreciated. Check out www.myspace.com/tenstoreyshigh and/or Ten Storeys High : Official Band Website for more info about The Village gigs - we've booked a couple of dates in August during the Festival time that are still free should anyone be up for it.

Best wishes

Callumbo

• 2 years later...