aberdeen-music

Magrudergrind(USA), Yacopsae(GER), WSBB, Fuctoff and SPD - Drummonds 16/07/07

Aye! SPD have improved vastly! That bass tone was fucking killer!! Got a bit bored of the "slow riff, blast, end" structures and i think Jake could experiment with a different vocal style to mix it up a bit (even unleash that scream he used early on - or do you only have 1 in the tank? haha) but otherwise fuckin crackin!! I was doing my best to keep the banter going..

Fuctoff, i'll add my name to the list of peeps who were impressed, gladly. Amazing what a sober TeaBag can achieve.

WSBB, nae my thing. Was bored to tears.

Yacopsae, saw like 2 songs and had to go home (7am start) but was suitably impressed with the speed and tight-as-fuck-ness they had.

Fuckin school night gigs SUCK!!! ...i wish i didn't need sleep.

Ooka

Words not not sufficiently convey how good Magrudergrind and Yacopsae were last night. Really, they don't.

Bazz is spot on about Fuctoff, nearly makes you wish Teabags would stay sober. Tight as a nun's hole.

Went for a tattie while WSBB went on.

Though we played alright: tad slack, and still finding foot with the new stuff, but such is to be expected.

Dave Rowlands, you are a saint.

pity no one took charge of getting the bands arses in gear though. I would have seen everyone had they not had 30min change overs!!
THis was purely because we had no idea where MG and Yacopsae were, so were delaying it so that wer didnt end up having WSBB play then having to wait an hour for the touring bands to arrive.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
oh well, shame we cant convert peoples ways of thinking.

You converted me a bit. Seen Blessed a couple of times before and didn't rate it at all, but Monday night you were pretty on the money. Good sound and a nice racket, still a bit too stop/start for my liking, but I'm a fussy bugger. Definitely going in the right direction, it appears.

As for Magrudergrind and Yacopsae? I've said for years that the '96 Dropdead gig will never be topped. That's bollocks, it was topped on Monday big-style. If those bands didn't reduce you to a slavering idiot, don't even pretend you were ever into noise. Yacopsae are really nice guys as well, if anyone wants a badge give us a shout as I ended up with a heap of them as a trade.

Terrific night, really good to be a small part of it. Spent a fair wad of cash on merch (essential) and punted a good few Spike/Squad CDr's, that'll pay for the forthcoming website...

Best local gig ever? Yes. Now how the hell is that one going to be topped?

You converted me a bit. Seen Blessed a couple of times before and didn't rate it at all, but Monday night you were pretty on the money. Good sound and a nice racket, still a bit too stop/start for my liking, but I'm a fussy bugger. Definitely going in the right direction, it appears.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...