aberdeen-music

Soccer summer signings

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Derby might be after James McFadden.

We've just let 8 players go from the squad following promotion so we'll be buying anyone and everyone between now and the new season!

I reckon that would be a good move for club and player. I would hope he'd shine at a club like Derby.

I think Barton's a pretty bad move for Newcastle. Hugely overrated, not to mention a total dickhead. On an almost related note, looks like Ranieri's not definitely going to Man City, apparently Juventus want him. Which seems silly when they could have Lippi, but hey ho, I don't liek City so would be nice to see them deprived of a top call manager.

See Emerson's signing for Milan pending a medical. Not sure an aging watered down version of Gattuso's what they need like, but I suppose he's better than what they have in Brocchi (drug cheat) and numerous guys who've barely played. Hope Gilardino fucks off to Juve. Not sure why I'm talking about this, naebdy here cares. Sorry :O

I think Barton's a pretty bad move for Newcastle. Hugely overrated, not to mention a total dickhead. On an almost related note, looks like Ranieri's not definitely going to Man City, apparently Juventus want him. Which seems silly when they could have Lippi, but hey ho, I don't liek City so would be nice to see them deprived of a top call manager.

See Emerson's signing for Milan pending a medical. Not sure an aging watered down version of Gattuso's what they need like, but I suppose he's better than what they have in Brocchi (drug cheat) and numerous guys who've barely played. Hope Gilardino fucks off to Juve. Not sure why I'm talking about this, naebdy here cares. Sorry :O

I do. I love Italian football. Toni gone to Bayern - That's a big loss for Fiorentina. Id like them to get Lucarelli as a replacement.

just read that bayern have also signed ribery, they are looking awesome for next season! strange how ribery has settled for playing in the uefa cup.

Where have you seen that? There's nothing finalised and he's said he only wants to move to Real Madrid...

Our team at the moment is decidedly average. I don't think Toni will address our attacking problem and the addition of Schlaudraff, Altintop and Sosa don't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Having said that Marcell Jansen is a great acquisition and if Podolski can recapture the form that he has for the national team i don't see any reason why we need Toni unless the board are planning on getting some money for Makaay while they still can.

Thats Newcastle signed Barton.

Mixed feelings. Not much difference between him and Parker in terms of ability but Joey will at least bring a little grit to the team. He's a bloody nutcase, but if Big Sam can tame Anelka and Diouf surely he can handle Joey Barton? I hope so.

I do. I love Italian football. Toni gone to Bayern - That's a big loss for Fiorentina. Id like them to get Lucarelli as a replacement.

Lucarelli's getting on a bit like. Although last season was his best yet. Be interesting to see what Livorno would do with the cash if they were to sell both him and Amelia. Doesn't look like Amelia's staying in Italy unfortunately. Would have liked him for Milan, Dida's a clown.

Where have you seen that? There's nothing finalised and he's said he only wants to move to Real Madrid...

Our team at the moment is decidedly average. I don't think Toni will address our attacking problem and the addition of Schlaudraff, Altintop and Sosa don't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Having said that Marcell Jansen is a great acquisition and if Podolski can recapture the form that he has for the national team i don't see any reason why we need Toni unless the board are planning on getting some money for Makaay while they still can.

it was announced on german tv that he had signed. however bayern have now released a statement saying this is not true.

it was announced on german tv that he had signed. however bayern have now released a statement saying this is not true.

Yeah, he's been linked with Bayern for over a year. We've apparently struck a 17m deal with Marseille but the major stumbling block appears to be that he only wants to move to Real Madrid.

Looks like Viduka is off to Newcastle too. From a Boro persepective I think theyll be glad to see the back of him. Massive wages for a player who only seems to actually play football during contract renewal talks. The rest of the time hes anonymous/injured/a bit too fat.

Looks like Viduka is off to Newcastle too. From a Boro persepective I think theyll be glad to see the back of him. Massive wages for a player who only seems to actually play football during contract renewal talks. The rest of the time hes anonymous/injured/a bit too fat.

its a common problem down in the toilet end of the structure, players whose contracts are running out suddenly playing like pele for the last 10 or so games of the season!!! three from last year have re-signed today but at least there is increased competition for places in mr quinn's squad for next season already. and he's shipped out a lot of the 'deadwood' from the squad.

I think you'll find that Derby (predicatably so) are odds-on favourites to get relegated next season. And to be quite honest, unless they start signing some quality players rather sharpish then we will indeed be going right back down again.

Titus Bramble is awful though. :)

Liverpool have ditched Zenden, said our final goodbyes to God and I do believe Gonzalez has been told he can leave.

So far we've got Voronin coming in.

We NEED another CB for cover - Agger's still young and could fall suspect in inconsistancy the more pressure there is on him, and I don't think Hyypia has the ability to cut it week in, week out in the Premiership anymore. I reckon another striker wouldn't go a miss either. Maybe show Bellamy the door. There's endless links with Tevez, Villa, Eto'o and Torres I do believe. I'd be happy with any of them. Wouldn't mind seeing Obafemi Martin's in Red though. I also reckon we need another right winger so we can have Gerrard in the middle more often. I think Alves can play there, can't he? He's linked with us just now too.

Ach, I don't mind. Whatever happens, Man U and Chelsea need to watch their heels cus we're gonna surprise a lot of people next season I think.

In Rafa we trust.

YNWA.

I also reckon we need another right winger so we can have Gerrard in the middle more often. I think Alves can play there, can't he? He's linked with us just now too.

Right wing's the only place I can see him being any good. Definitely don't trust him as a right back.

Ach, I don't mind. Whatever happens, Man U and Chelsea need to watch their heels cus we're gonna surprise a lot of people next season I think.

In Rafa we trust.

YNWA.

i tried not to bite but i have to. until you guys go and expand your squad and start buying REAL quality this will not happen. players like pennant & 'chief ned' bellamy are not the answer im affraid.

I hear Wigan are after Sibierski too :laughing:.

Chris Hutchings is a nutter... imagine Sibbers, Bramble AND Heskey in the same team, that's ace.

Oh well, at least they've still got Zinedine Kilbane :up:.

I'm pretty pleased with Viduka myself tbh. Big Sam won't let him get lazy, and he's got a decent scoring record. Plus he'd be a cracking foil for Martins/Owen (which ever one stays); we've needed a big fucking tank up front for a while now.