aberdeen-music

Soccer summer signings

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

thing is they're both decent mid table players at best thats me point. i'm sure big sam will get the best out of them, barton is a great player i agree but can he control his discipline??? i just think newcastle need to sign better players if they are to challenge.

Is it reasonable to expect Newcastle to become title challengers in the next twelve months though? I'd say not. Big Sam's got a massive task on his hands; several years of mismanagement have left us in a right bloody mess, that's not something that's going to change over the course of just one season.

I'm a big fan of both signings tbh; Viduka is a class act and despite his age and alleged pie-munching antics he'll bring a lot to the team. He's as strong as a bull and great in the air (something we missed all season) and he's pretty handy with the ball at his feet too. Barton's a prick, aye, but in terms of goals and assists he is head and shoulders above any other Newcastle midfielder this season. They aren't going to win us the Premiership, but they will certainly help us towards a more realistic target for the season (UEFA cup spot).

Now, time to do something about the defence...;)

It would be nice to see a solid defender come in too.

Get Craig Moore and Olivier Bernard in! You'll never look back...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it reasonable to expect Newcastle to become title challengers in the next twelve months though? I'd say not. Big Sam's got a massive task on his hands; several years of mismanagement have left us in a right bloody mess, that's not something that's going to change over the course of just one season.

I'm a big fan of both signings tbh; Viduka is a class act and despite his age and alleged pie-munching antics he'll bring a lot to the team. He's as strong as a bull and great in the air (something we missed all season) and he's pretty handy with the ball at his feet too. Barton's a prick, aye, but in terms of goals and assists he is head and shoulders above any other Newcastle midfielder this season. They aren't going to win us the Premiership, but they will certainly help us towards a more realistic target for the season (UEFA cup spot).

aye fair point - thing is though surely viduka will be back up behind owen, martins (if he stays) and amoebi???? mind u i'm sure he'll get plenty of games - think he could work well with owen who seems to prefer a big pie eating frontman as his strike partner. but your right there's a hell of a job to do at newcastle, so you think big sam is the man????

Is it reasonable to expect Newcastle to become title challengers in the next twelve months though?

Are you having a giggle? Newcastle are so far behind the top four it's quite amusing. They are at least five years away from a title challenge. They have gone for a mid-table manager who has made mid-table signings because they're a mid-table team.

A fully fit Owen (wishful thinking), perhaps Martins and Given are the only players who are good enough for the Champions League. They don't have any quality at the back and fuck all in midfield. All this talk of Newcastle being a big team makes me laugh. They are shite. Sleeping giant? Fucking comatose, more like.

Love from christy

Are you having a giggle? Newcastle are so far behind the top four it's quite amusing. They are at least five years away from a title challenge. They have gone for a mid-table manager who has made mid-table signings because they're a mid-table team.

A fully fit Owen (wishful thinking), perhaps Martins and Given are the only players who are good enough for the Champions League. They don't have any quality at the back and fuck all in midfield. All this talk of Newcastle being a big team makes me laugh. They are shite. Sleeping giant? Fucking comatose, more like.

Love from christy

Eh, think you've missed the point. That's exactly what I was getting at.

so you think big sam is the man????

I certainly hope so, aye :up:. He's excellent at getting the best out of underachieving or mediocre players and backstage staff system and approach towards fitness and training is great. He's also great at working on a shoestring budget, which should hopefully see the end of high-profile trophey signings at Newcastle (Duff, Luque, and Owen to an extent). I don't see him ever Champions League level, but if he's back by the board I don't see any reason why he can't lift us towards regular European football.

It's odd this, feeling positive about Newcastle United. I'm not sure if I really like it tbh, so used to doom and gloom :-D.

Anyway, seeing as this is a signings thread after all, I'd like to see Leighton Baines and Tal Ben Haim at the Toon ASAP!