aberdeen-music

Soccer summer signings

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Who would you like yr club to sign? Who would you like shown the door over the summer?

I'm rather surprised Man Utd. have signed 3 midfielders already (Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson), so I'd imagine they'll be having a bit of a clear out.

I'm imagining that Celtic will be showing the door to a couple of strikers, probably Beattie and hopefully Kenny Miller.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you like yr club to sign? Who would you like shown the door over the summer?

I'm rather surprised Man Utd. have signed 3 midfielders already (Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson), so I'd imagine they'll be having a bit of a clear out.

I'm imagining that Celtic will be showing the door to a couple of strikers, probably Beattie and hopefully Kenny Miller.

Soccer? It's called football this side of the pond....

We've grabbed Gareth Bale and so far i'm happy with that, though it would've been nice to grab Nani from underneath Man United's nose too.

Soccer? It's called football this side of the pond....

We've grabbed Gareth Bale and so far i'm happy with that, though it would've been nice to grab Nani from underneath Man United's nose too.

It's called fitba this side of the border ;)

Bale will be a good player for Dundee Utd!

I'm looking forward to seeing this Jeffrey De Visscher in action, hope I'm not disappointed.

Celtic do have a real surplus of average strikers. We really need good centre midfielder and I reckon Gravesen and Jarosik are both on their way.

Haha, very drole. Dickhead.

It made me laugh

Craig Beattie is a fine player, I really hope he doesn't follow the 'Steven Thompson' route of mid-table, English Championship-related mediocrity from here on out. He's far too good for someone like Cardiff.

love from christy

Craig Beattie is a fine player

Nah, he's pish. A few folk have linked him to the dons, and as he's gash it probably means we'll get him.

Mind you last time I said he was shit he scored two minutes later, thankfully that was for Scotland.

Simple things amuse simple people.

Love from Cairnsy

xxx

Keep it simple!

Love from Shaksi x

Beattie and Thompson are both pretty average Scottish strikers. Beattie has mostly been a Celtic reserve, Thompson inexplicably signed for Rangers making them both "Scottish Internationals". I don't think either are much better if at all than Darren Mackie. I'd take either ahead of Brewster though.

the man u attacking line up next year will be scary with nani and anderson on board on top of rooney, ronaldo, giggs and scholes. still think they need another great striker tho to back up rooney.

I'm buying a dons season ticket for the first ever time next season, ive finally found my faith again for some reason. The dutch guy on the wing should be decent and big jackie is a great signing. Bring on europe!!!

My team (Newcastle) haven't signed anybody so far, but there's been plenty of speculation. It goes without saying that we need to rebuild our defence; the only decent players we've got at the back are Steven Taylor and Nobby Solano (who's getting on a bit). Would like to see Leighton Baines or Nicky Shorey, Sol Campbell, Tal Ben Haim coming in as well as couple of trademark "Big Sam" signings; cheap, relatively unknown foreign players who turn out to be better than most of our better known players. Wouldn't mind seeing Mark Viduka pulling on a Toon top either, he'd be a great foil for Owen/Martins, and Giles Barnes at Derby looks pretty tasty too.

If Scott Parker ends up signing for West Ham I won't be too bothered, he was pretty attrocious last season, looked a shadow of his former self. Same goes for Damien Duff and Charles N'Zogbia, although I'm pretty confident that Allardyce can turn them around.

Just hope we don't go anywhere near Curtis Davies (over-priced and not very good), Peter Crouch (over-priced), Darren Bent (over-priced, too similar to Martins and Owen) or some of the Bolton players we've been linked with (O'Brien, Diouf, Nolan).

Im also a Newcastle fan but wouldnt moan about Nolan like. It'll never happen due to him being a local lad but i can't understand why you wouldnt want him in the side.

Apparently Anelka might be signing for Man U.

He'd cost quite a bit and I don't think he'd add a lot to our side; we've already got one midfielder with a lot of heart & passion but not much end product (Emre) and I don't think we really need another.

For what it's worth, I've got a couple of mates who support Bolton and they both reckon he has been one of their least consistant performers this past season.

According to the press, aye. If he and Parker leave we could be very short in the CM position; Butt and Dyer would be our only recognised central midfielders which is far from ideal. Definitely a position we need to strengthen regardless of whether or not Parker/Emre/Dyer leave, but I'd rather go for a more creative option than Nolan.

cambridge are being strongly rumoured to about to sign justin hoyte's younger brother. thats about as exciting as it gets at the abbey stadium. mind u back in the 90's we signed roy keane's younger brother and got injured and never played a first team game!