aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Cheese

Oh man, I bought some Leerdammer and I'm never gonna buy another cheese ever again, it's so, so, more-ish..

.. whats your poison?

I don't really know my cheeses, but I do have a liking for Havarti.

Should probably look into the cheese shop near me sometime. I fear it would take me with it's cheesy splendour.

Leerdammer is on offer at the Co-op this month. 2 for 2 I believe. I only know cos I order the stuff. :D

Leerdammer is on offer at the Co-op this month. 2 for 2 I believe. I only know cos I order the stuff. :D

A brief research into it makes me think I should pursue such an offer. I will look into it :up:

Good old fashioned chedder (only when melted though.. on something largely carb-based).

Do love Brie on crackers ... and am also a Philly addict.

Yay for cheese.

Yasss I live around the corner fae Co-op on Crown St..

Bonus! :popcorn:

Recently had a rather delicious Welsh cheese called Black Bomber. Never seen it before but worth looking out for or I might ask Mellis to get some in.

Guest DustyDeviada
it's so, so, more-ish..

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than people saying things like "Lay Miz", "Bo Rhap" or "Spag Bol", it's people using the word "moreish". :down:

You should buy the Leerdammar in slices. Also Jarlsberg is sorta similar..better even.

FAVO CHEESES: Marscapone, Bavarian, Feta (in salads WAAY), Roquefort (when got money), Good ol' brie and stilton. Camembert on bread with olive oil. Cathedral City is cheese toasties. Mexicana. Port Salut in crackerbread.

We ate this cheese at work the other day called sticky toffee. It has chocolate and raisins in it and its fuckign distgusting. Put it for the customers to sample instead.

Ah...cheese.

Applewood smoked chedder is fucking amazing, Morrisons do a West County Brie which is really nice with a thin rind, very creamy. Stilton or feta crumbled into salads is a winner. The Lemon Tree has a cheese board on the menu at the moment which I've been sampling, and there's a gorgeous brie-like number called Muckle Wummel or something which we got from Mellis's Cheese Shop on Rosemount. Very nice, quite tangy.

For all that I pretend to be a cheese snob, I still love Primula with ham on toast :D

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than people saying things like "Lay Miz", "Bo Rhap" or "Spag Bol", it's people using the word "moreish". :down:

Let me have my crossroad words damn you!

You should buy the Leerdammar in slices. Also Jarlsberg is sorta similar..better even.

FAVO CHEESES: Marscapone, Bavarian, Feta (in salads WAAY), Roquefort (when got money), Good ol' brie and stilton. Camembert on bread with olive oil. Cathedral City is cheese toasties. Mexicana. Port Salut in crackerbread.

We ate this cheese at work the other day called sticky toffee. It has chocolate and raisins in it and its fuckign distgusting. Put it for the customers to sample instead.

Morrisons had mint choc chedder over christmas, it was repulsive.

I thought that was the only Leerdammer there was?

:laughing:

Haloumi (I thought it was only one 'L'? Maybe not...) is awesome! "The cheese you can grill!" says it. Bassment was going to do a vegetarian haloumi salad on the menu for a while, hopefully that'll happen eventually ^_^

Extra Mature white Cheddar is the king of cheese. I also love a good bit of Brie and Stilton. You can't beat a decent swiss fondue with Gruyere, Appenzeller and Emmental. The fondue in the Swiss and French alps is possibly the greatest experience in the world for any good cheese lover.

Jarlsberg, Edam, Brie, Cathedral City (amazing toasties!), dairylea on digestives, Cheddar...

I also like that smoked cheese that comes in a thing shaped like sausage. Mmmmm.

There's a lovely cheese beginning with 'a' that my dad buys and I forget the name, it's expensive but amazing.

Wensleydale on oatcakes is crumbly heaven.

Agreed 100%. Wensleydale is amazing when it's got a wee bit of fruity action in it. I also like White Stilton with apricots, Brie, proper Stilton and Smoked Cheeses.

Stilton is amazing though.