• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Stage times (approx.):

Kartta 8.45 - 9.20.

Household 9.50 - 10.30.

The Twilight Sad 11 - 11.45.

Give or take fifteen minutes either way.

Apparently, Andy, the singer from The Twilight Sad, reckons their Fopp set might be something quite different, with a set up comprising of a fan organ, glok, and vocals. So it could be worth checking out the instore AND the gig, if you have the means.

Guest idol_wild
I'd be completely right in assuming I can get a ticket on the door, yes?

Your assumption is entirely accurate.

I didn't bother with tickets - it's hugely unlikely to sell-out! :gringo:

Guest idol_wild

I regret to inform you that The Twilight Sad will no longer be doing the Fopp instore. Some problem between the label and the distributors, which means Fopp will be unable to get any copies of the album in before they actually play - rendering the instore pointless, I guess.

Even more reason for you all to come to the gig! :up:

Guest idol_wild
I regret to inform you that The Twilight Sad will no longer be doing the Fopp instore. Some problem between the label and the distributors, which means Fopp will be unable to get any copies of the album in before they actually play - rendering the instore pointless, I guess.

Even more reason for you all to come to the gig! :up:

Actually, this may not be correct. Watch this space.

INSTORE DEFINITELY ON. 5PM.

They will definitey have a stripped down set-up. It'll be nice.

Well, that was a pretty damn good show.

I thought Kartta played well last night, I thought "2 Minutes Hate" (the one with the Na na na's) was really cool, and so was Phil's song at the end. The banter however, was not straight out of the top drawer. The new song was good too, nice off mic screaming...

I liked Household too, especially the Steve Shelleyesque drumming. I got the impression that they've listened to Dirty maybe one too many times.

Twilight Sad were super good. I still can't quite believe it was jsut four of them making such a big noise.

Plus, I ended the evening with not one, but two coats.

aye twas an ace night.

jan, do you mean the song when i'm playing keyboard? if so that's crazy years, two minutes hate is phil's song which we end with.

household and twilight sad were both splendid. nice folks too. the twilight sad should be back in september by which point they'll be on the verge of hugedom.

You played a new song? You wait until I'm not there and you go and play a new song? With screaming? Fiends.

there's not normally screaming. but i wasn't paying attention, there's a tricky widdly guitar bit in the middle and i need all my powers of concentration for that. we have in fact played it before but no one noticed so we figured that wasn't a good sign and reworked it.

there's not normally screaming. but i wasn't paying attention, there's a tricky widdly guitar bit in the middle and i need all my powers of concentration for that. we have in fact played it before but no one noticed so we figured that wasn't a good sign and reworked it.

Ah ok. I think I know the one. I remember you playing a new song a couple of gigs ago and then it disappeared, or I was drunk for a couple of your gigs, one of the two.

Guest idol_wild

A huge great big fucking thumbs up to The Twilight Sad who were nice fellas, and Household who induced wet dreams. Both played terrific sets.

As for Kartta's banter - it's hard to know what to say to a crowd when about only four out of the sixty people in there were responding at the end of each song. You just have to get on with it and get off stage pronto!

PS - Chris, if you were skint, I'd have let you in for free! :rolleyes:

Guest idol_wild
there was more than that surely?

When Kartta began, there was around 60 in. In total, just over 100 turned up. Which I was very happy with - especially on a Wednesday night.