aberdeen-music

[GIG] The Twilight Sad + Household + Kartta @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is extremely proud to present:

The Twilight Sad www.myspace.com/thetwilightsad

Probably the finest new band on the planet, The Twilight Sad are a four-piece from Glasgow and sound like all your dreams come true. Recently championed by Pitchfork (indeed, they're playing the Pitchfork festival in July), they take all the best bits from shoegaze, post-punk, and avant garde experimentalism to create a truly thrilling sonic adventure. They recently released their ridiculously good debut album on Fat Cat. Buy it if you can.

Household www.myspace.com/inthehousehold

Another band from Glasgow. And they specialize in dischordant pop which aims to tear the indie disco scene a brand new asshole. These kids are angular, rhythmic, off-kilter, and just generally bloody fantastic! For fans of early Q And Not U, Sonic Youth, and Fugazi.

Kartta www.myspace.com/karttamusic

Local six-piece who have created a new genre: literatepostrockinfluencedtwistedguitarpop. All their songs are about bloody books though - what a bunch of dicks. For fans of Broken Social Scene, Mission Of Burma, Talking Heads, Lift To Experience, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, and Explosions In The Sky.

Don't say I'm not good to you.

:popcorn:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is possibly the best gig that will happen in the tunnels this year. I cannot wait to play with the twilight sad. 14 Autumns and 15 winters IS the best album of this year. Sonic Youth, Noise, warbly scottish accent - brilliant! This band will be cult hereos in no time at all. I would go and see Household even if the weren't playing with The Twilight Sad. Kartta should fit in well, i don't really mind if noone comes to see us, however i will bust everyone in aberdeen's ass if the Tunnels isn't rammed on June the 20th!

So there

H

Guest idol_wild

Here's hoping. The Twilight Sad are going to be pretty big, catch them in Aberdeen while you can.

I don't care if I lose my own money on this show - it'll be fucking worth it.

Guest idol_wild

Household are fantastic. They played to approximately seven of us in Drummonds a few months ago. Which was criminal.

Hopefully more will come this time!

Guest idol_wild
I had a swatch of the Twilight Sad on youtube, quite liking them. I think I'll be along to this and purchasing the album.

The stuff you can watch on Youtube is not very high quality or especially representitive. Jan, I think you'll love the album.