aberdeen-music

beth ditto NME cover

Stripey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she's pathetic and the NME are even more pathetic the way they wank over her and her shitty band. its not big and clever being fat and i should blinking know!!! still she might get a few skinny spotty friendless students to eat a few more meat pies.

and the band still sound like an indie Level 42

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I heard she's going in for artificial insemination.

They're going to roll her in flour and aim for the wet spot.

Hoho, I'd forgotten that one.

Why is a fat lass like a motorbike?

They're both good for a ride until your mates find out you've got one.

I'd rather have 13 year kids seeing her as a role model than something grotesque like the Pussycat Dolls.

Very admirable sentiment ma loon - but let's be honest here...

Given the opportunity to "ride" either a Pussycat Doll of your choice or thon fat heifer....

That cover shot screams hypocrisy. This is someone who claims to not give rats ass what she looks like and then her photos airbrushed (shes fat, there will be cellulite she has it its completely absent in that shot).

True its very hypocritical in that sense. I reckon as well as airbushing the bodyhair, acne and dimples from her bum they've slimmed her anyway. Its like, yeh cool, lets put a photo of a huge naked porker on the cover but...erm....lets slim her down a bit. Not the full porker. Cos that would be too much. They are right like.

Regardless of whether you want to fuck her or not, I still kinda admire the girl for having the courage to get her kit off in public. She knows she's fat, everyone knows she's fat. She's not promoting obesity in any way. You can't 'promote' obesity in the same way you can promote super skinnyness, it's just not aesthetically pleasing. No one is going to look at Beth Ditto and decide to pile on the pounds because they want to look like her, but they might be struck by her confidence in herself, and that's a different matter. I'd much rather see more people of her size being confident in themselves than I would dozens of cookie cut out girls wanting to slim down just because it's cool.

It's really not about her actual figure, it's about her being comfortable in her own skin, that's ace. More people should be like that.

Beth Ditto is using obesity for a publicity stunt. This thread shows the reaction/publicity she can gain by flaunting her spare tyres. Cool to be obese? Not when the heart disease, cancer and type 2 diabetes kicks in.

I doubt that very highly.By the looks of her this didnt happen over night...

I'd much rather see more people of her size being confident in themselves than I would dozens of cookie cut out girls wanting to slim down just because it's cool.

Erm, so a world where all the hospital Beds are so full of dying fat fucks that anyone with a non self inflicted illness cant get any treatment. Great.... Aye but its ok cos they got to feel good about themselves! Please No.

Personnally I think Ditto is overcompensating. As do most fat lasses. She'll need a stairlift and a heart transplant before she hits 30. Mind you she can probably afford it.

Erm, so a world where all the hospital Beds are so full of dying fat fucks that anyone with a non self inflicted illness cant get any treatment. Great.... Aye but its ok cos they got to feel good about themselves! Please No.

Personnally I think Ditto is overcompensating. As do most fat lasses. She'll need a stairlift and a heart transplant before she hits 30. Mind you she can probably afford it.

One could also argue that its a waste of beds and money to have whole wards dedicated to anorexic patients. Being fat isn't ideal and no its not really any better to advertise as a good role model, but I don't see why fat is any worse than anorexic.

One could also argue that its a waste of beds and money to have whole wards dedicated to anorexic patients. Being fat isn't ideal and no its not really any better to advertise as a good role model, but I don't see why fat is any worse than anorexic.

The hospital beds would wear out faster supporting the weighty fatties!

Aye but they can obviously squeeze a lot more anorexics into a hospital.

Its also wrong to comapare the two conditions. Apparently anorexia is a mental condition. Fatness is cake related disorder.

Having a Riot Grrrl on the front cover of NME is always much better than a dreadful band like the Twang or that ilk. Every NME interview or feature I've read about the Gossip always seems to mention that Ditto is 1. Fat 2. Gay and 3. Ate squirrels. I seriously doubt that she is the one instigating this, and it is just lazy journalism looking for sensationalist stories. They just want Beth Ditto the cartoon, not an actual real person.

I've got an NME from last year where Beth Ditto is naked on a bed of flowers - just because this one is front page innit.

Also - the old photo is alot more flattering. I don't know about the tricks of the trade posture/posing etc, but I think she could have been made to look better. Even her make-up is gash..its like they want her to look shit.

Anyway - despite being a fat fuck, I like Beth Ditto, she's good banter, fairly funny and she has the ''don't give a fuck'' attitude. Whether this is real or not, its the most admirable attribute in a person. I'd like to get drunk with her.