aberdeen-music

sad news from The44s camp...

iain44s

Sad, Sad News

Over the past few days Kenny has announced his departure from The 44s.

Given the nature of our strange old, lumbering beast the remnant of us feel we are at a loss without him and so, with utter reluctance and heavy, heavy hearts, must bring The 44s to an end.

Although 6 years have passed,* it's really taken us that long to find our feet and, to be honest,*we're all*nothing short of devasted.

Most disappointing is the flailing loose end that is our debut album. We still plan to finish this, but from there who knows. Most likely we may do a tiny, tiny run of hard copies and put it up for download. Somehow. Somewhere. We will be sure to keep you posted on this the minute it's ready for your ears.

Thank you to anyone who cares that we won't be around anymore and all those who helped us get so far.

We're gutted.

Please take care.

Goodbye,

The44s

Guest Kilgore Trout

who are the 44's.? are they pish like aerogramme?

i've heard of them vaugely, but jist assummed they were shit...

any good?

links?

oops jist realised i heard them before- one of "those" scottish media bands, affy gash and. pish.

goodnight.

oops jist realised i heard them before- one of "those" scottish media bands, affy gash and. pish.

goodnight.

Bit harsh. Presumably this was a drunken rambling?

I hope you do release the album, Iain. Always a great live act so would be good to have something on CD or download. Keep us updated.

P.S. Kenny is the wee guy with the big barnet, isn't he? Talented guitarist I always thought.

Awww poop. I have fond memories of Kenny, Buckfast and Pineapples. Hope you all move onto something else though. And do persevere with the album please.

Haha, that gig was a classic. Also one at the Lemon Tree where Kenny had a few too many glasses of wine by the time they came on quite late. That made for some entertaining viewing.

Gonna miss The 44s heaps, always put on an exciting show :)

This is pretty pants news. Although it's been ages since I last caught the 44s, they were always a top band to watch! No chance of one last gig or mini-tour?

unfortunately thats looking very unlikely

I'd (in 100% seriousness) kill 26 midgets to hear anything from Martin Millers Minatures Part 1 on stage again.

haha and thats definitely not going to happen! sorry

Awww poop. I have fond memories of Kenny, Buckfast and Pineapples. Hope you all move onto something else though. And do persevere with the album please.

On a completely unrelated note I know, but my flatmate got an ice cream maker for his birthday and is planning on making Buckfast ice cream. I can't see it going well.

On a completely unrelated note I know, but my flatmate got an ice cream maker for his birthday and is planning on making Buckfast ice cream. I can't see it going well.

Seriously? He should speak to the Kartta boys, they'd lap that shit up. Bucky drinking neds that they are.