aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
jackson

New Biffy Album

Yes I am one of those scumbags who downloads albums. Has anyone else got it yet? Favourite song at the moment is "Who's got a match?". The album is too soft for my liking, theres a few moments when I thought I was listening to snow patrol or the foo fighters. Its still very good!

Guest Savant

I haven't downloaded it but I was kinda scared it might be too light or wacky (in a bad way)...

im sure everyones opinion will be different but i went through the whole album waiting for something really heavy and screamy and it never arrived. theres one skit where its all plinky plonky and theres a line something like "are you an elephant, you crush me to pieces" or something like that and i actually burst out laughing in my room by myself. cant remember biffy ever making me do that before

that who's gotta match song made me piss myself with how insanely scottish the vocals are.

usually simon seems to sound "unscottish" but there is full blown scottish. its ace :p

It's a cracking cd. A real grower too.

Yes, some of it is slightly softer, but it's a huge step up for them in terms of quality.

There are still plenty of up-tempo tracks.

There move into the Big League was always going to cause debate, they are an average band at best

Really? I've always held Biffy in very high regard thanks to the overall quality of all their albums and a consistently impressive live calibre.

The new album's the first one I've warmed to so quickly since the debut though. It took a few months for me to really get into 'The Vertigo Of Bliss' and 'Infinity Land' before being sold. They're one of the most interesting British bands at this level in this genre to me.

Really? I've always held Biffy in very high regard thanks to the overall quality of all their albums and a consistently impressive live calibre.

The new album's the first one I've warmed to so quickly since the debut though. It took a few months for me to really get into 'The Vertigo Of Bliss' and 'Infinity Land' before being sold. They're one of the most interesting British bands at this level in this genre to me.

i agree.

Biffy Clyro are old hat.

They don't matter one iota anymore.

how come?

i would say that they've paid their dues and their time is now.

Guest idol_wild
how come?

The more recent stuff is wishy-washy nonsense. I never thought in a million years Biffy would ever feel the need to sound like that. But I guess when huge amounts of money are exchanged...

They've merely become a commodity. Which is a shame.

I love this album, actually.

Better than Infinity Land, imo.

9/15ths is just fantastic. A Whole Child Ago is just a brilliant pop song and Machines is just, ahhh.

...and #1 in mid-week Album charts?

That's gotta be pretty fucking huge.

Guest Kilgore Trout
how come?

it's ten past eight and they are ding. they have a stupid name also.

they are awfully dull.

actually if they sound like snow patrol i'll probably warm to it. the covers also a bit shit though.

i'll be honest- it's the name.

good luck to them though.