aberdeen-music

[GIG] Edgar Prais + The Holy Folks @ Snafu

HEY PEEPS

THIS WEEKS DHC IS AS FOLLOWS....

EDGAR PRAIS

need no introduction. currently making fast waves into the mainstream and over the summer will surely be popping up at a few of the festivals too! making their first appearance at DHC and with support from...

THE HOLY FOLKS

stewart ross is GQ man of the year and aside from being a pilot, spy, eccentric, visionary, skilled barman, DJ and trained karate artiste...he also plays in a shit hot band with his pals who make awesomw music for your enjoyment!

also making their DHC debut

and thats two great bands for your mula to round off another cracking month of DHC partying!

plus you get DHC DJs till 2am afterward too!

x

Look out in June for the following:

June 7th - V-2 Schneider

June 14th - South Central (DJ SET) / the little kicks / Chutes

June 21st - THe Garcias

June 28th - FLaming Katy / Right Hand Left

Snafu also has Calvin Harris and Caged baby coming up for you electroheads so go to the following and get your mitts on tickets:

www.clubsnafu.com

stewart ross is GQ man of the year and aside from being a pilot, spy, eccentric, visionary, skilled barman, DJ and trained karate artiste...he also plays in a shit hot band with his pals who make awesomw music for your enjoyment!

i cant honestly say - everything said in that sentence is true.

I don't know whether it was the sound guy, the shape of Snafu, the big speakers all around the venue, or that there were hundreds of people in the room, but the sound last night was terrible. Stood down at the front for the Holy Folks and at the sound desk - for a comparison - during the Edgar Prais but both sets were pretty much ruined by the poor sound mix (too loud, far too much bass, very muddy). Even the CDs being played before/between/after the bands sounded dodgy...

It was a travesty because both bands put in solid performances to a packed club.

last night

i thought the sound was good last night, the only criticism i could think of would be the volume but edgar prais are a loud band who play loud and when so many people are in this also affects the sound of the room (for that matter it was heaving and your right that changes the dynamic)

admittedly tho it very much depends on where you stand in the club

for example , it sounds a lot better in the centre / back of the dancefloor (according to the sound men who have worked there as they normally use that as a reference) and i personally prefer listening from the dj deck area but thats just me. the sound is probably best there id say

if you stand directly in front of the stage you probably dont get the best sound as your getting a mix of the stage sound plus maybe a bit of the bands monitors and generally the best place would be standing against the back wall of the dancefloor

i mean, if you stood at the front stage in any other venue ( and i mean right up at the stage front in snafu) youd probably get the same no? (im no ian christie so i may be wrong)

but yeah, maybe a bit too loud for a small space but apart from that i thought ian snafu did a good job.

as i said probably somewhere in between the two spots you mentioned is probably perfect

its good to get constructive feedback tho and ill forward it to our sound guy if he hasnt already read this

I know where your coming from as i often find tunnel 1 too loud for me ( i had to leave at wolf eyes) and im not slagging jenny or the venue i think its just my place of standing point. jenny is great and the tunnels is also great tho so im not saying nowt.

holy folks were awesome last night as were edgar prais

and thats the most fun ive had at DHC in ages DJing and would have killed for another hour, i had so many requests i still had to do but the council may have had words about that!

really enjoyed that gig + djing afterwards.

is Snafu normally that hoaching for DHC? absolutely packed, very cool apart from getting to the bar.

Thought we played well but Edgar Prais :gringo:. Regarding sound, i have no qualms about the sound of holy folks as far as on stage goes, perhaps my vocals slightly low but im always being told i should sing louder. For Edgar Prais i moved from the side of the dancefloor to just behind where Paul was and have to say it did get noticably muddier, but them boys rocking out and the general atmosphere still made it more than enjoyable.

:up:

i know, i know but i had no idea what wolf eyes were about and walked in with the worst hangover ever and thought i was in hell!

although i loved the part where they stopped and people went mental!

i had to dj after them, what was i meant to play! think i started with brian eno from trainspotting so my head would cool down!

I'm sure former 'best noise DJ in Aberdeen' Stuart Maxwell would disagree somewhat.

Recipie for a Cunt

Obtain 1 DJ slot at exodus

Get weekly raging applause at the office

Add 1 Fudge Awards for Club night

Mix together and watch ego grow in size, it should then mock the little people

Serve as appropriate

i got a surprise in store for that guy, THE CLAMPS

Recipie for a Cunt

Obtain 1 DJ slot at exodus

Get weekly raging applause at the office

Add 1 Fudge Awards for Club night

Mix together and watch ego grow in size, it should then mock the little people

Serve as appropriate

i got a surprise in store for that guy, THE CLAMPS

Recipie? Either you're an extra exciting chef or a rubbiss spellmaster.

I'm nae mocking anyone anyways! I'd like to see Stewcat blast out Neckinger! Ginger or nae!