aberdeen-music

Pirates of the Carribean 3

jester1470

i've got lots of thoughts involving keira knightly. :)

yea i thought it was good fun if a little on the long side. so long as you don't take it too seriously then it's a winner same as the first two.

the transformers trailer was the best bit of the night for me though. optimus prime looks awesome!

Saw this atthe weekend and thought it was definitely better than the second one though not as good as the first. Keira still looked lovely though... ;) Anyone else got any thoughts ?

Cheers

Stuart

If by lovely you mean so grossly anorexic that her cheeks could be mistaken for a pair of pestels sticking out of her face, then yup you're right. That film just confirmed my opinion that she is the most repulsive and annoying person in hollywood ;) and as such I think her larger role in this film ruined it.

I did still enjoy it but it wasn't as good as the first two. I enjoyed seeing all the pirate gatherings, and that was a strange twist at the end.

I thought the first two were a load of old bobbins. The 2nd was a freak show.

I like Johnny Depp, but Jack Sparrow just has to be one of the most overrated characters in movie history.

Keira is sweet, but would benefit from some more prodigious diddies. Expect to see an enhanced pair at a cinema near you, the minute her marquee value drops.

I saw it at Vue and they didn't do a break. There was 30 minutes of adverts and trailers which is too much (they just needed to show the new transformers trailer and i'd have been happy).

I thought the film was alright, thought it was too long, and all the fights were a let down. Had the potential to be much better, should have cut out Keira's speeches, have better fights etc...

best part of the film for me was when the 6 main characters met in the stretch of sand between all the ships and after a couple minutes of conversation, jack sparrow says to orlando blooms character (his name escapes me) "so you're the tool"

:up:

Figure I better reply in spoiler, just in case:

I had a bit of a problem with that scene. Namely the fact that they had Davy Jones standing in his bucket. If that's all it takes to negate his '10 year gap between stepping on land' thing, then why not simply have a pair of oversized, watertight clogs with seawater in them. Be fine to go anywhere, then.

Saw it last night, thought it was great. Much better than the 2nd one and some quality scenes.

Keira Knightly is still lovely, Orlando Bloom is still a shit actor and Jack Sparrow is still ace.

We had a 10 minute break at the VUE last night, which I thought a bit pointless but I suppose if they're going to put 30 minutes of fucking adverts and trailers before a film then it does drag it out a bit.

Transformers trailer beforehand was the fucking tits though.