aberdeen-music

Dundee promoters

Guest Tam o' Shantie

It's just a wee basement room i think, holds about 50 or so folk. With a vocal PA.

hmm...can't complain with that at all i suppose. All sounds pretty cool. I'll definintly check it out.

Could anyone give me the names of some venues in inverness except the ironworks. I can't get a reply from them for love nor money.

Oh yeah forgot to try that one.

Man, all I asked for was a little help, much like the threadstarter did, maybe a name of a promoter or venue would be great. I know googles there, tried and had little success. Everyone I seem to contact has a gripe over age limits.

:moody:

Your original post implied that you'd only contacted the Ironworks. I was just trying to save you some time, considering that after reading your post I searched 'inverness music' and got this as one of the first results...

Inverness Live Music from Ents24

Given the size of Inverness, there are hardly going to be hundreds more venues than the ones listed there.

Oh yeah forgot to try that one.

Man, all I asked for was a little help, much like the threadstarter did, maybe a name of a promoter or venue would be great. :moody:

If you read the thread you would see that people have been giving promoter and venue contacts out.

Edit: Just realised we're now talking about Inverness.

ps austin. get yourself signe dup to UndergroundScene.co.uk if you are wanting a gig in dundee. guys like doug from club cage and james dissolved post on there, organise gigs and may well dig your rockier/metaller stuff. i dont have an email for them but if you were to post that you were after something they might well pick it up

also, well worth posting on E d i n b u r g h M e t a l S c e n e for an edinburgh show. all of the rock/metal promoters use that site

no bother,

also, never give up hope about that duracell gig. if one of the bands pulled out at short notice im sure the pvh boys would probably get you onto the bill. sppose its just a keeping in touch thing. right place right time an all that eh :)

To be honest, the varying genres would be a bit difficult. I was thinking on just borrowing some money off my ma to book a venue if it's possible, get a few bands on and have a local band night. Still, as you say right place right time could work.

Dinnae dae it this week as I have no MYSPACE.COM access.Facists.

They dinnae say fash up here like hector its faish!

Well i'll be sure to give you a shout soon then. I know a guy from montrose who had a wee interest in band promotion, Rian if im correct? he now has a job as editor of some music fanzine type thing.

Well i'll be sure to give you a shout soon then. I know a guy from montrose who had a wee interest in band promotion, Rian if im correct? he now has a job as editor of some music fanzine type thing.

Search for unplugged fanzine on this forum and thatll be him.

Doesnt do any promo anymore,did like 2 shows.Stands outside of gigs,bit of a tobby.