aberdeen-music

Dundee promoters

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I thought this would be a piece of cake but we are having trouble booking a Dundee date for the 3rd of July. If anybody can provide details of some decent Dundee promoters I would be very greatful.

tbh owen (GW) probably wont put you on, no offence intended or anything, he tends to keep nights for touring bands that we do gig swaps with

book it yourself, speak to jamie at the balcony, sort some locals and your laughing. drouthies is the same (and its free) although get good locals in

or

www.myspace.com/papaspromo

the boy is a tool, reminds me of rejekt monkey but older and just as stupid, but he puts on lots of shows

• Upvote 1

prob is we dont know any local bands, might give that papas dude a shout

maxi is 'dexters' really as pish as it sounds?

avast! alamos, spyamp (actually, anyone on pet piranhas roster) pmx etc etc all pull a crowd

ive never been to dexters, but apparently it has a high stage and S A Z play there a lot, so the omens aint great

Guest scott cs.

Avoid Dexter's, it's like a social club and any atmosphere that could be created just gets the life zapped out of it. You could fill the place up with ace bands and a full crowd and it'd still be dull.

Balcony is an awesome wee place and they do cracking food too, if I recall right.

• 2 weeks later...
that's sounding pretty interesting, have you seen any pictures of the venue because for some reason, the name makes me think it's a washing room in someones house! lol

any links or anything?

It's just a wee basement room i think, holds about 50 or so folk. With a vocal PA.