aberdeen-music

C.S.A (Child Support) HELP

Hello.. Totally random..

but someone in my family split up with his EX a while back and had been paying maintenance (new clothes etc when needed) and now the CSA has contacted him saying they want 600 a month from him .. and she is now not giving rights to see his son..

she left him with loads of debt.. so much he had to remortgage his house and now is paying out the ass for it.. he now has a new family and 2 new kids

now is there anything he can do as the CSA wont listen.. He is a good father and doesnt deserve it!

Ide appreciate if anyone can give me some info for him.. she is a horrible mother but child services wont listen!

Thanks In Advance

Aaron

Not much he can do mate, he could try to appeal it, but in my experience when the CSA have decided on a figure that's it. Best thing he can do is make his payments and if she won't let him have any access take her to court over it. If she is being unreasonable, i.e he's not done anything to provoke her into removing access, hit her/the kids or whatever, then he should have good grounds for access.

There's pretty much fuck all he can do - unless he's in a situation where his financial resources vastly exceed hers and therefore can afford a top notch family solicitor, he's probably not going to get anywhere.

If he wanted, he could play nasty - but that has the risk of his kid being taken off her and into foster care. It wouldn't be too hard to get people to make complaints to social services about the mother, which (if the horrible mother comments are true) should result in him getting custody. Risky strategy though.

600 a month seems excessive though, even by CSA standards - a good solicitor should manage to get that down to around 200-250 a month. He could also try asking his MP to help out - but if he can comfortably afford the 600, then there's not much he can stand on, unfortunately.

If she left him with loads of debt, then he should look at legal options in so far as recovering it. If it was joint account stuff though, then he's screwed.

It also depends on the nature of the break up - if he left her, then it's unlikely that the courts will find much sympathy for him.

Seriously, citizens advice bureau or a proper solicitor for this kind of stuff. Why you'd follow advice given here about something as serious as paying maintenance for your kids (although I get that it's not the original posters kids) I dunno.

Here is the story..

We probably could prove shes unfit..

Probably? Again, unless you have an absolutely watertight attack, it's probably not worth trying to do so. The State will generally come down on the side of the mother, especially as they weren't married - so it's probably not worth the hassle.

They were not married but he caught her cheating..

Means absolutely nothing, unforunately.

She is STILL getting creditcards in that address .. with different names.. it wasnt joint accounts..

can he take her to court for the money and debt?

He should start by going to the police - it's fraud. If she's getting credit cards based on that address (when she isn't resident there), then they will take an interest. But if it's not in his name, then he's not responsible for the debts - and if he's paying debts based on the fact that it's his address she's using, then he's a fool.

Seriously, citizens advice bureau or a proper solicitor for this kind of stuff. Why you'd follow advice given here about something as serious as paying maintenance for your kids (although I get that it's not the original posters kids) I dunno.

It's a new government scheme to gradualy phase out citizens advice bureaus, solicitors, doctors, and eventaully all the emergency services. One stop forums!

wonder what her side of the story is, bet it's completly different to this one.

Hard to hear that someone think someone is an unfit parent but wouldn't go to the social services. If a child is at risk then the natural thing to do is get something done about it, but i'm thinking things are not that bad which is why things are only being said about her, suppose the only person to really know is the kid.

this sounds a really sad situation kiddy not seing it daddy and mum being slated about her parenting.

But both side thinking about money.