aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now it to my 3rd week on the rig, so watching that mob lose the league and that little spanish fuckwit getting sent off will at least make te next few days a wee bit more enjoyable.

Decent performance by the Dandies, just a pity we had that little bad spell! But hey 4th place isn't bad considering only about 2 month ago it looked like we wouldn't even be in the top six!!

Well now it to my 3rd week on the rig, so watching that mob lose the league and that little spanish fuckwit getting sent off will at least make te next few days a wee bit more enjoyable.

Decent performance by the Dandies, just a pity we had that little bad spell! But hey 4th place isn't bad considering only about 2 month ago it looked like we wouldn't even be in the top six!!

Hey, we finished above Hibs (Brazil apparently) and most importantly, the magnificent United in their wonderful wonderful season.

Still won't ease the pain on Saturday that we're nae there.

Hey, we finished above Hibs (Brazil apparently) and most importantly, the magnificent United in their wonderful wonderful season.

Still won't ease the pain on Saturday that we're nae there.

So true, but maybe without European football as a distraction next season, we might get to a final!!!

Sad to see Nicholson go, i felt like giving him a standing ovation of my own in the Smokers when he was subbed but i might have looked a bit of a fud!!

Season ticket to renew when i get home, then only 12 weeks or so till it all starts again, cant fuckin wait. I hate when the Dandies are not playing. Think i'll have to take up skating again!!!

Absolutely marvelous stuff! Darcheville must have felt like a right prick after his 'we can score six' claim.

Thought Stuart Duff had a great game. Could he be the next Lee Miller/ Derek Young?

Apparently Richie Foran is on the verge of signing and so is that French keeper who is on trial.

Bloody hell, it's going to be a long summer.

Awright, which member of Cobra Kai was speaking to the loons in front of me at half time? South Stand, Section V

Well I was in the RDU and Ron was in an executive box in the Main, so it must have been Steve or Drew.... I think they were both there. See MySpace.com - The Cobra Kai - Aberdeen, UK - Grunge / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/cobrakairock for mugshots.

i tried to laugh at the rangers fans in Ayr last night but they were all so grumpy.

and giving excuses. "oh we were down to 10 men" "well all our good players are injured" "well your team is still shite"

its like grow up. you lost. your only as good as your worst player. we still won. we cant be that rubbish is we beat you.

fannys

Being down to 10 men isn't an excuse. Novo shouldn't have gone stamping on Duff like a fucking child. Maybe they should invest in a back four that can do the job of a back four, and not playing 9 men behind the ball until the 70th minute (like they did for the whole of their UEFA Cup campaign). Negative, dull football. Anyone can put a whole team behind the ball and not concede. Barnsley shut out Chelsea in the last third of the game in the FA cup by putting everyone behind the ball, and it wasn't exactly a weak Chelsea team. Rangers' UEFA Cup campaign was, on a whole, the most unentertaining and most neutrally frustrating display of football I have ever seen because of this, and I would love to see this backfire on them against QOS tomorrow. Cousin's animated reaction to win a penalty against St Johnstone to equalise was as disgusting as it was unforgivable. Having to resort to dirty tactics against a team a whole division lower than your own team really shows the quality and work ethic of Rangers. When Rangers desperately need a win, and have to play to win, they get completely outclassed, as it was proven last night against Aberdeen. A team quite evidently lacking in squad depth and consistency. It's frustrating to constantly watch Rangers playing like a lower league 'giant killer' with terrible ball retention or attacking flow, beating what are apparently inferior squads with overly animated reactions and constant unsporting descent.

In my opinion, of course.

Did anybody hear or see any trouble after the match? I had a feeling the huns might kick off after losing, and having the piss taken out of them for 2 hours about losing the SPL and the UEFA cup. Haven't heard of anything happening though.

Coin off my heed during the match! Bastards!