aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

... and still the hangover from the Fat Sam era continues. Hope the fucker serves the full sentence tbh, needs to learn a lesson. Don't get me wrong, he's a Newcastle player and therefore I want to see the club give him their full-backing, but the tool isn't going to learn a thing if he's out in two months. He was actually coming into a bit of form towards the end of the seasons as well after an awful start.

Bah.

Anyone want to sign Alan Smith!?!

How about Leeds United?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what's to hate about John Terry. I like United alot, but it's pretty evident that Terry is one of the best centre backs in the country. Maybe most United fans hate him because he's bloody good? He's not smug or overly confident. He just plays the game and he's a great leader, for Chelsea and England.

I agree, he doesn't seem too much like a cocky prick and is a fantastic player. Ashley Cole on the other hand....

As an aside, since when has it been acceptable for big grown men to cry on worldwide television? Did Gazza open the floodgate with his waterworks in Italia '90? Is it because they are all mollycoddled jessies these days? Can you imagine Bobby Charlton and co greeting at the end of a game if they didn't win?

I agree, he doesn't seem too much like a cocky prick and is a fantastic player. Ashley Cole on the other hand....

As an aside, since when has it been acceptable for big grown men to cry on worldwide television? Did Gazza open the floodgate with his waterworks in Italia '90? Is it because they are all mollycoddled jessies these days? Can you imagine Bobby Charlton and co greeting at the end of a game if they didn't win?

Unfortunately I was deprived the chance of seeing Cristiano Ronaldo greeting like a bairn, that would have been ace. I almost wet myself when he missed that penalty...

Ever seen what happens when Chelsea don't get a decision their way? John Terry leads nearly the whole team towards the ref and starts to hound him. Totally unprofessional and irresponsible.

Also the "White Power" rumour as well is more than enough to hate the BNP loving prick.

Ever seen what happens when Chelsea don't get a decision their way? John Terry leads nearly the whole team towards the ref and starts to hound him. Totally unprofessional and irresponsible.

You may have a point but he wouldn't be alone there.

Also the "White Power" rumour as well is more than enough to hate the BNP loving prick.

I don't read the News of the World.

Anyway, I don't love John Terry or anything, was just saying he seems alright. He's probably a prick.

Unfortunately I was deprived the chance of seeing Cristiano Ronaldo greeting like a bairn, that would have been ace. I almost wet myself when he missed that penalty...

I think he cried out of happiness or some shit. That's like when people cry at weddings. Completely bonkers and uncomforting. John Terry cried because he slipped in the mud. That's just fucking hilarious.

I agree, he doesn't seem too much like a cocky prick and is a fantastic player.

he may not be a cocky prick but he's a nightclub pissing, bouncer assualting arsehole that thought it would be funny to taunt Americans flying home the day after 9/11.

and it looks like he's either had a few choice words to say to tevez here (racially motivated again?) or he snots on him - http://i30.tinypic.com/aylrn6.gif

You can't really be racist and play for Chelsea, or Terry would only pass the ball to Joe Cole or Lampard. Ashley Cole is English, but he's not a honkey. Terry wouldn't like that. he'd accuse Cole of stealing our jobs and taking our women and then kick Drogba out to sea, back to the Ivory Coast on a raft.

It hasn't happened. He can't be that racist, can he?

There are ALOT of Rangers fans in Ayr. :(

Tell me about it, if it's not Rangers it's fucking Killie. It's a sad state of affairs when Ayr are the third most supported team in Ayr (if that). It'll be fucking beautiful if Ayr manage to beat Ranger's at Harkness testimonial, I will be looking for the four horseman of the apocalypse if it happens but I'll be so happy I won't be bothered.

Seeing John Terry not only fluffing the penalty but starting to cry as well was almost as satisfying as Man Utd winning. Great game though, could have gone either way but I think Man Utd just held it together better. Van Der Sar looked vastly more prepared than Cech before the penalties, the fact that Giggs put in Man Utd's last penalty just made it for me as well.

Also, does anyone else find it difficult to believe John Terry is only 27? He looks about 40.

Excellent article on one of the Arsenal forums about why we shouldn't feel sorry for him!!

Call it irony, call it poetic justice, call it karma. But sometimes football and indeed life can get you wondering. You may recall that back in March, with Arsenal leading 1-0 at Stamford Bridge; the Gunners looked to mount a counter attack. Sensing the danger, Joe Cole picked up a debilitating "injury" and, of all people, Emmanuel Eboue, not one renowned for his great sportsmanship, put the ball out of play. John Terry, the Iron Man no less, decided to reward his sportsmanship in kind by booting the ball out of play right next to Arsenal`s corner flag and urging his team to push forward. This is where the Chelsea equaliser emanated from. Last night, Chelsea performed a similar antic twice. So Carlos Tevez decided in extra time that he had had enough and responded to Chelsea with the exact same gesture. Now who was immediately on the scene expressing his dismay at such a gesture? The ever reliable John Terry. Even in the heat of battle I cannot fathom how somebody can act with such hypocrisy. Good on Carlos Tevez I say, Arsenal need to begin showing that sort of defiance and not let bullies like John Terry push them around. Sorry if I am not shedding any tears for you this morning JT, I am sure there are dozens of spittle splattered officials who think the same. Maybe the next time you want to rock up in a disabled bay, or lunge at prone Spanish midfielders when they are on the ground, you might like to think that karma can be a damning mistress. Oh and remember your comments about Arsenal`s lack of English backbone denying them trophies? Thanks for proving the point with that most English of traits, the penalty shoot out mishap. Couldn`t have happened to a nicer bloke.

With Chelsea cruelly dispatched in the unforgiving embrace of a penalty shoot out, all cameras and all players attentions were focussed on Terry. Nobody bothered to go to Nicolas Anelka, who actually missed the crucial kick, least of all Terry himself, who cried relentlessly. One can understand and identify with such a display of emotion. But weren`t all and sundry lining up to shoot our very own William Gallas for expressing his own torment by sitting on the ground close to tears after the final whistle at Birmingham? "He should have been consoling his team mates" they said, "He cannot control his emotions and is not captaincy material" they wailed. "It was not conduct befitting of a captain." Erudite pundit Alan Hansen thought it more newsworthy than Eduardo`s snapped limb. I look forward to the press account of Terry`s actions as they line up to lambaste his failure to check his emotions, his failure to acknowledge the other seventeen team mates who had lost so cruelly, his failure to put a fatherly arm around Nicolas Anelka. Terry might even have reflected on the fact that he has played in every single one of Chelsea`s defeats this season; whilst Chelsea are unbeaten in the 24 games he missed (19 wins and five draws for the record). When one peers behind the iron curtain of press hyperbole and smokescreen to see the true picture, one sometimes cannot help but wonder at the irony of it all.

I'm actually pretty gutted that United won. Don't get me wrong, I hate Chelsea as much as the next guy, and I have a lot of respect for the likes of Sir Alex, Giggs, Scholes, etc. It's just the ridiculous amount of gloating I'll have to put up with from glory-hunting mates who've never stepped foot in the city of Manchester in their life that I'll have to put up with. I know that the same arguement can be thrown at Chelsea, but I only know one Chelsea fan, and he's actually from London, whereas I know a ridiculous amount of red noses.

Bah, maybe I'm just a bitter old Newcastle fan...

Fucksake. Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted, but we didn't deserve to win it tonight. Celtic have been the better team this season by far, as much as it makes me feel slightly ill to say so. Not watching the game so I've no idea how the teams are playing, but Rangers seem to be making a suitable hash of things, as per bloody usual.

Celtic have been the better team this season by far, as much as it makes me feel slightly ill to say so.

That doesn't really have much to do with it, they haven't exactly run away with it, so I wouldn't say they were by far the better team. We've totally thrown it away. Just don't have it! I'd quite have happily given away the UEFA Cup run we had to ensure Celtic didn't get 3-in-a-row.

Oh well, I sure hope Saturday is not an even more embarassing display than tonight! Domestic double is better than nowt!