aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty dull game at the Nou Camp tonight. Barcelona had all the ball but failed to do anything with it, has been the case a lot this season. Still, i don't think it's a bad result. Barce have leaked a fair few goals as of late, so not conceding an away goal is a positive.

thought Barca might actually sneak a cheeky winner when Henry came on. As good as Utd have been in the PL I still fancy Barca to nick it at old trafford, they look shaky as fuck without Vidic and Ronaldo proved again that it's easy to look good against the Boltons and Derbys of the world but playing against quality opposition is a different thing altogether. And I'm sure if Liverpool play like they did for 94mins against Chelsea that they'll get the goal they need at Stamford Bridge. Torres isn't the sort of player to have that bad a game twice in a row!

Also seems like Drogba and Ronaldo are back to their old tricks again, altogether now: backs arched, arms flailing, appealing to the ref before you've even hit the deck...

i was hoping Smith wouldn't play Broadfoot...but he probably will.

Be fair to the lad - for a thoroughly average player, he had some game tonight.

I really hope Rangers get shafted in Florence, but you just know they'll soak up 89 minutes of pressure before humping it long to one of their fat strikers to sclaff in and win it. And then they'll do the same in the final. And the Scottish Cup Final. And in the league run-in. Ugh.

Guest idol_wild

Fiorentina were different class from Rangers last night, though I feel Rangers defended their 18 yard box extremely well. Excellent result for the huns, but they'll get done in the second leg.

What did the Ross County players do to get banned from that Inverness nightclub?

Director of football George Adams said he was surprised and unhappy at the attitude of the nightspot and understood the behaviour of players in the Love2Love club in Castle Street had been no more than high jinks and had not merited exclusion from the premises.

He was anxious that the nightclub was "making a mountain out of a molehill" and it should not detract from County's Division Two championship glory.

News that a ban had been imposed on County players emerged at a meeting of Pubwatch, an organisation set up to support licensees and encourage a safe and secure social drinking environment in all licensed premises throughout Inverness. It is supported by Northern Constabulary and Highland Council.

Love2Love manager Kevin Buchanan told representatives from the police, Inverness City Centre Management and other licensees that a ban had been put in place on the Ross County players as a result of their conduct in the city centre club earlier this month understood to have been after the club clinched the league title. This week, Love2Love general manager Chris Gilbert said: "Members of Ross County have been barred from the premises. Why, when and how I am not going to comment on. What has happened is between Ross County and ourselves.

"We have taken a stance purely on the basis that we want to ensure the premises are run as a safe environment."

But Mr Adams said: "I think they are making a mountain out of a molehill. High jinks appears to describe the behaviour of the players.

"It happens every Saturday in Inverness or Glasgow or any other city. These lads were on a night out celebrating a great achievement.

"No-one was injured or charged with an offence and no disciplinary action has been taken against anyone in this club. I am a strict disciplinarian and if there had been anything wrong I would have been the first to say sorry. I would not condone anything that was out of order in any shape or form."

Mr Adams said he was anxious that the nightclub's action should not detract from the outstanding achievement of Ross County this season.

He also believed that the nightclub bosses had not acted in a professional manner in handling the supposed ban. He said no effort had been made to discuss the situation with him or other football club officials.

Mr Adams also believed some of the players had been back in the club last Saturday without incident.

When asked for comment on the situation, Douglas Wynd, Inverness City Centre Management safety co-ordinator and administrator of Pubwatch, said: "What you are referring to was mentioned by the nightclub in a private meeting and this was the action that they were considering over Ross County footballers.

"It is down to every licensed premises to negotiate a ban on individuals."

PC Malcolm Raeburn, the community safety officer for Northern Constabulary East Division covering Inverness, Nairn and Aviemore, was also at the meeting, and he said: "The members of the Pubwatch committee were informed by a representative of Love2Love that he had barred the Ross County players from his premises due to some inappropriate behaviour.

"No referral, however, was made by the management of Love2Love to the Pubwatch committee."

One of the commentators summed it up, Smith must have had a word in his ear at half time. He had a much better second half than a first.

Probably the only thing Archie or Fraser fucking Wishart got right all night. I lost count of how many times they didn't know which Fiorentina player was which. Is it really that difficult to tell the difference between Ujfalusi and Montolivo just because they both wear hairbands?

He has a pretty decent second half indeed... that I didn't really see because I was sittingon the other side of the pitch. First half Broadfoot was the most frustrating - passes going to a red shirt everytime. Papac deserves some praise though for his second half perforance (couldn't tell in first half - opposite side of the pitch).

Nope, we didn't have a single shot, but I actually felt really proud of the team at the end. Haven't had that nervous feeling before a game in a long time! Fiorentina were defensive too so I think it might be pretty even next week too! My fingers and toes are crossed.

Probably the only thing Archie or Fraser fucking Wishart got right all night. I lost count of how many times they didn't know which Fiorentina player was which. Is it really that difficult to tell the difference between Ujfalusi and Montolivo just because they both wear hairbands?

I read somewhere that Archie had said that a decision for Fiorentina was "OFFSIDE!!" however everyone else saw a handball... I'm not sure which part of the game they were speaking about. But maybe he should give it up now...

Good result for the Dons today. Premiership relegation battle is getting pretty interesting.

The top is hardly unexciting either. On paper they should both win their last two games; only Bolton have anything to play for now but you'd expect Chelsea to rip them a new arsehole if it matters.

Another example of Calderwood being out of the country, Jimmy Nicol at the helm and the Dons giving, what seemed, a relaxed and controlled performance. (not being shouted at continually from the dugout may help) One of the many reasons they are so exasperating... Was odd though, sitting watching them play and not getting terribly excited or caring too much even when they scored. I would put money on them bloomin well giving the fans a run of nerves through to the end of the season as only the Dons can manage. Winning games and having something to play for. God damn it!

Yes, it does sound like that!

Which is not good for my nerves!

Also, I'm going to work shortly... so will miss the last 20 mins! :(

70th minute - Broadfoot rugby tackles McDonald to the ground! Skippy was looking for it as usual, but the challenge was more clumsy than any Ross Tokely challenge I've seen.

Quite chuffed. Stuck 20 on a Celtic win when Faye came on for Weir at odds of 2.4 = 28 profit, with my 20 back :D

This morning I put 5 on Celtic to win, with Everton v. Aston Villa to draw = 35 profit if it comes off.

Which will make up for Dundee's injury time equaliser ruining my accumulator yesterday :swearing:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 4-0 Queen Of The South

You see Tango, it's not that difficult! It's all very well for QOS to turn it on at Hampden, but they're not the first team to freeze at the real home of Scottish football...

:up: