aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

If we had just kept David Preece we wouldn't be in this situation. He was probably just covering up for Langfield all season to try and boost his confidence.

David Preece was worse than Langfield. And that's saying something.

ESSON!!!!!!!! Noooooooooo, equally as bad.

There must be some polish or bulgarian keeper we can get for cheap.

Or the new Theo Snelders with Jimmy's 'massive contact database' in Holland.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reckon he costs Aberdeen 5-10 points a season.

Which, if we capatilised on Rangers awful performances under Le Guen, would have not just given us UEFA cup celebrations. He definitely cost us at least three games, which equates to nine points.

It's not just as clear cut as saying we would have been in the C.L. had Langfield not been playing, but I'm sure a better keeper would have dealt with situations better and given us more of a chance.

It says on RedWeb, in the first paragraph, that "he has not been put on the transfer list."

However, in the last paragraph it says "the club will listen to offers for him."

They're being too nice to him - just transfer list him and we can at least get rid of him.

Why oh why did we not let him to Rangers??!!!!

Alexanders a great shout, Alvin. Again, wages might be the stumbling block.

what planet you on? aberdeen would get murdered by any of the english or spanish teams in the tournament. wouldn't fancy the dons chances against bayern munich either.

I dunno though - playing an English team would automatically make Aberdeen play far better than they're capable of, and drawing a giant team like Bayern would also put them up for a hell of a fight, especially considering the history involved. A few seasons back, Aberdeen were seconds away from going into extra time against Hertha Berlin, who were a pretty powerful team at the time if my memory is right.

We've also got a terrible track record against smaller teams - Skonto Riga or Bohemians, anyone? For that, we desperately need a good team to inspire the team.

The worst result for Aberdeen would be to draw a decent (but not noteworthy) team from Eastern Europe who wouldn't bring lots of fans into Pittodrie and would hammer us on their own ground.

I dunno though - playing an English team would automatically make Aberdeen play far better than they're capable of, and drawing a giant team like Bayern would also put them up for a hell of a fight, especially considering the history involved. A few seasons back, Aberdeen were seconds away from going into extra time against Hertha Berlin, who were a pretty powerful team at the time if my memory is right.

We've also got a terrible track record against smaller teams - Skonto Riga or Bohemians, anyone? For that, we desperately need a good team to inspire the team.

The worst result for Aberdeen would be to draw a decent (but not noteworthy) team from Eastern Europe who wouldn't bring lots of fans into Pittodrie and would hammer us on their own ground.

i deffo see your point but whilst aberdeen would undoubtedly raise their game against an english team or bayern i dont think they'd have enough quality to win. but those pesky eastern european teams can indeed be 'banana skin' ties!

Wasn't really watching tbh. I can only bare watching Scotsport for the Dons and nobody else.

my take on him was that he was only a professional goalkeeper because of his Dad (reminiscent of Scot Gemmill's 20 something caps for Scotland!). Although he looks a decent shot stopper the rest of his game is all over the place. He looks about 12 too. He's only 20 so may well develop into a good keeper but at the moment we need someone with a few years of first team experience (unlike Langfield and Soutar when we signed them).

my take on him was that he was only a professional goalkeeper because of his Dad (reminiscent of Scot Gemmill's 20 something caps for Scotland!). Although he looks a decent shot stopper the rest of his game is all over the place. He looks about 12 too. He's only 20 so may well develop into a good keeper but at the moment we need someone with a few years of first team experience (unlike Langfield and Soutar when we signed them).

I wonder if his Da fancies a goalkeeping job.

I want aberdeen to draw the worst team possible in the tournament.

Bayern Mnchen Ger 73.640 .

AZ Alkmaar Ned 63.995 .

Panathinaikos Gre 55.415 .

FC Basel ** Sui 54.869 .

Girondins Bordeaux Fra 49.706 .

Bayer Leverkusen Ger 45.640 .

Club Brugge Bel 45.594 .

Palermo Ita 42.808

Tottenham Hotspur Eng 40.618

Rapid Bucuresti Rom 40.255

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 38.920

Zenit St. Petersburg ** Rus 38.920

Sparta Praha *** Cze 37.851

Fenerbahe *** Tur 36.791

FC Sochaux-Montbliard Fra 36.706

AEK Athens *** Gre 36.415

Heerenveen Ned 35.995

Dinamo Bucuresti *** Rom 34.255

Slavia Praha *** Cze 32.851

Bolton Wanderers Eng 32.618

Rosenborg BK *** Nor 31.509

Partizan Belgrade * Srb 31.256

Austria Wien ** Aut 30.104

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk ** Ukr 29.726

Spartak Moscow *** Rus 27.920

Sporting Braga Por 27.107

Galatasaray ** Tur 26.791

Getafe Esp 25.374

Everton Eng 24.618

Fiorentina Ita 21.808

Empoli Ita 21.808

Stade Rennais Fra 20.706

CSKA Sofia ** Bul 20.112

Hapoel Tel-Aviv ** Isr 19.338

Red Star Belgrade *** Srb 19.256

FC Kbenhavn *** Den 19.129

Litex Lovech * Bul 19.112

Toulouse FC *** Fra 17.706

Plus a couple of teams from Spain, which will be two from Real Zaragoza, Villareal or Athletico Madrid.

The teams with stars aren't definite - but if the seeding for the earlier rounds is right from both the UEFA Cup and Champions League, then that should be the list of teams that Aberdeen could get drawn against.

I'd be happy with a draw against FC Copenhagen, Sporting Braga or Rennes, or Everton. But there's really not much prospect of an "easy" draw - a lot of the more crap seeded teams are still far too strong for Aberdeen.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Do you not think he looked awful for Falkirk last season?

Course he did. Mind you, Marilyn Monroe would have looked like shit in a F****** jersey.

I'm beginning to take to McCall, can't fault any of his signings so far, anyway.

Another season of the first division. The football is crap. The gate prices are extortion. The fans are all disappearing. The pies aren't as good as they should be. And I can't fucking wait for it to start again......