aberdeen-music

Broken ipod query...

I'm loathed to send it away cause it's pretty much fine, but my ipod has stopped playing in stereo, obviously I've tried it with numerous headphones etc. The sound is coming through the left ear but not the right.

Does anyone know anywhere locally that would be able to fix it? I don't imagine it can't be that big a problem. I've been on the apple website and basically they'll just give you a discounted new ipod as a replacement but it's still about 200.

Thoughts?

Guest DustyDeviada

Have you done a search on Google on repairing the headphone socket? I think it's a fairly common problem on MP players and it's probably a relatively simple fix with a soldering iron.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, but isn't it something you could possibly do yourself?

I posted an iPod problem once and Sue Denim on here replied saying he'd done some repairs in the past, maybe worth shooting him an email?

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, I undertook a screen replacement on mine, a relatively simple task according to the interweb. But one wrong move and I managed to break it beyond repair, so approach with caution.

Bought a Creative Zen of ebay as a replacemnt, sounds much better.